Windows 10: Black Screen when power on

Discus and support Black Screen when power on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop screen just goes black while I using it. I switched off and on again, the led lights were on but no display on the screen. I need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaes2020, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Jaes2020 Win User

Black Screen when power on

Laptop screen just goes black while I using it. I switched off and on again, the led lights were on but no display on the screen. I need help.

:)

Jaes2020, Apr 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Black Screen when power on

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen when power on

1. Black Screen when power on - Similar Threads - Black Screen power

2. Computer black screen after restart or when powered on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer black screen after restart or when powered on: So I have had this pc for a few months and its been acting weird when it boots. So if I'm just trying to restart my pc it restarts but then it shows the logo for Legion because i have a legion pc then it goes black. I know my monitors on and working because its a lighter...
  3. Computer black screen after restart or when powered on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screen after restart or when powered on: So I have had this pc for a few months and its been acting weird when it boots. So if I'm just trying to restart my pc it restarts but then it shows the logo for Legion because i have a legion pc then it goes black. I know my monitors on and working because its a lighter...
  4. Computer black screen after restart or when powered on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  6. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  7. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black Screen when High power is required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when High power is required: Hi, Have been trying to trouble shoot this issue since Nov. 2020. Screen goes black withing a few seconds of any game intro but audio is still functioning in the background. Surfing the net, email, etc. all work fine. Seems to only happen when a lot of power is required....
  9. Black screens and Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screens and Kernel Power 41: #1 Ever since I switched my GPU and PSU from gtx 1060 to rx 5700xt and corsair vs650 to fractal design ion+ 660W platinum I've been having random blackscreens. During the blackscreen everything is unresponsive no cursor, no sound, pc still on, keyboard still on, no caps...
  10. When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I power on HP laptop, the screen is lit black!: So this started when my whole windows froze I couldn’t do anything but power off. i power on no hp logo nothing just black lit screen. I tried taking battery out and unplugging everything. I tested to see if responsive and caps lock key will no light up. I did F8 when turning...