Windows 10: Black Screen when signing into Windows!

Discus and support Black Screen when signing into Windows! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, hope you're all doing well, I have been having issues lately since formatting my pc onto a brand new drive. I've had no BSOD, no lockups etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anthrax2471, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Black Screen when signing into Windows!

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well, I have been having issues lately since formatting my pc onto a brand new drive. I've had no BSOD, no lockups etc the issue I'm facing when I start my pc for the first time of the day it boots up fine, get to the welcome screen, I sign in and I'm greeted by nothing but a black screen, mouse cursor is moving fine CTRL + ALT + DEL works fine though clicking Task Manager doesn't do anything. I click restart my pc restarts and lets me sign in with no issue, Memtest86 has been performed with no errors I've ran SFC/SCANNOW and that brings up nothing, also no overclocked are applied to the system. Windows version 20H2 OS Build 19042.572

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

anthrax2471, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Black Screen when signing into Windows!

Frequent black screen/unresponsive requiring hard boot

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you getting black screen before sign in or after sign in?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen when signing into Windows!

1. Black Screen when signing into Windows! - Similar Threads - Black Screen signing

2. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  3. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  4. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?: Anytime I use the ALT +F4 shortcut to log in or switch user there is also a brief black screen faintly lit due to my monitor when logging in or out, logging in also shows a brief "please wait" loading screen.are these normal?...
  5. Black Sign in Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Sign in Screen: Black sign in screen without any picture and even the welcome screen after booting. No Picture nothing just black color.I tick the option available in the personalization lock screen i.e. Show the lock screen background picture on the sign in screenBut Problem still the...
  6. Black Sign in Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Sign in Screen: Black sign in screen without any picture and even the welcome screen after booting. No Picture nothing just black color.I tick the option available in the personalization lock screen i.e. Show the lock screen background picture on the sign in screenBut Problem still the...
  7. Black Screen when signing into Windows!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen when signing into Windows!: Hi guys, hope you're all doing well, I have been having issues lately since formatting my pc onto a brand new drive. I've had no BSOD, no lockups etc the issue I'm facing when I start my pc for the first time of the day it boots up fine, get to the welcome screen, I sign in...
  8. HELP: Black screen when signing out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP: Black screen when signing out.: There are two users on my PC. It sometimes happens on one but never on the other. Screen goes black when signing out or shutting down after the spinning "loading" icon appears. When I lock screen and sign in to the other account, it goes black. My only way to restore...
  9. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  10. Sign in black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in black screen: Hi... successfully installed 1803 yesterday after 5 days... :-) This morning, powered on entered the password and was informed it was incorrect...! checked the password on my other devices it was correct... tried it on the laptop again it refused and went to black screen..!...