Windows 10: Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

Discus and support Black screen when trying to do anything on boot..... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It started when i notice my steam icon was missing off my desktop and vortex unpinned on my bar...when i opened a window i noticed it took a really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GilbertoGonzalez5, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

It started when i notice my steam icon was missing off my desktop and vortex unpinned on my bar...when i opened a window i noticed it took a really really long time to appear...i did a restart and then the boot took forever and would just go to a blackscreen.... after 3 failed boots it went to recovery and it would just load into a black screen....i made a recovery media using my GFs laptop and a usb... the window logo pops for a few min then black screen.... im not sure what caused it or whats wrong.. i have access to bios and

:)

GilbertoGonzalez5, Sep 12, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Black screen when trying to do anything on boot.....

1. Black screen when trying to do anything on boot..... - Similar Threads - Black screen trying

2. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  3. Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when pressing anything on window sign in screen: I'm in sign in wallpaper after I turn on my laptop, but it's so weird that I got this as a wallpaper since it's usually show me HD scenery wallpaper. But the worse part, after I press any key, or click anything on my touchpad, it goes blank with only the cursor left. I can't...
  4. Recovery Boot Black Screen when trying to reach BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Boot Black Screen when trying to reach BIOS.: I have a Gigabyte Aorus 570x motherboard and I enabled Ultra Fast boot in the bios after recently upgrading to Windows 11. Now that I enabled it, I am unable to reach the bios and I need to in order to turn secure boot on. I looked at another post, which recommended starting...
  5. Recovery Boot Black Screen when trying to reach BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Boot Black Screen when trying to reach BIOS.: I have a Gigabyte Aorus 570x motherboard and I enabled Ultra Fast boot in the bios after recently upgrading to Windows 11. Now that I enabled it, I am unable to reach the bios and I need to in order to turn secure boot on. I looked at another post, which recommended starting...
  6. windows black screen when booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows black screen when booting: since 1 week my 1.5 years old pc booted to a black screen, I got into recovery by booting from bios but for recovery I need a password I tried all passwords I ever used and none got accepted, I tried logging in with my current password to my email account and that password...
  7. Black screen when booting windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when booting windows: Hello all, i have a problem with my PC recently where it just boots to a black screen without any options to enter bios or anything. I have an SSD with windows installed in it and an HDD with all my files and i’ve noticed one thing with the HDD is that whenever i remove it...
  8. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  9. Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen . No opportunity to do anything else: Hi, after a graphics driver issue my laptop ( running windows 10) is black. it shows nothing my docking station plugs in and is blank with the cursor. crtl alt delete doesn’t work nor anytbing i’ve tried. i have a bootable usb but cannot access as even in safe mode...
  10. Black Screen When Booting Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen When Booting Up: Hi, when i boot up my laptop it has a black screen but after a while it goes to windows i have switched the hard drive from my Toshiba L755 where i first experienced the black screen but it never booted up to windows. When i switched the hard drive to my other laptop (Dell...