Windows 10: Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

Discus and support Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. So I'm having a problem. Sometimes, Depending on the video... The screen is just Pure black with audio, Not all videos are like this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertaFord_555, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

Hello.

So I'm having a problem. Sometimes, Depending on the video... The screen is just Pure black with audio, Not all videos are like this. Sometimes when I DL videos off a site All I get is audio. But pitch-black screen.

Any idea what can be causing this? Please advise

:)

RobertaFord_555, Nov 24, 2018

2. black screen when trying to play videos .

since upgrading to windows 10 my cyberlink webcam has a black screen , videos I try to play have a black screen and my dvd player has a black screen . sound is working but no pictures .

paulledster, Nov 24, 2018
  3. black screen when trying to play videos .

Hello , I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop . videos do play on my browser , you tube , virgin media etc . when I try to play a dvd I have audio but no video , black screen, same as when I try to play video clips that I have saved in my videos folder . My default
    video player installed on this laptop is cyberlink and the web cam is cyberlink you cam .

I have used the Microsoft help desk 4 times and I have had remote assistance but I still have the problem with video playback since installing windows 10 . I am seriously considering going back to windows 7 .

paulledster, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

black screen when playing videos on microsoft edge

Hello,

I just did windows 10 anniversary (Aug2, 2016) on my PC and video on Edge plays audio only and the video part is just showing a black screen. It was working just fine this afternoon before the update.

thanks

Seaside292, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

1. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine - Similar Threads - Black Screen trying

2. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  3. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  4. Video and audio not playing/working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and audio not playing/working: So...I bought this laptop like 2 weeks ago, and I've just run into an issue. When I try to watch videos on YouTube, it loads for forever. Sometimes the video goes black but continues to load. And if it actually does load in, it has no audio. Even ads. A similar thing...
  5. [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.: Every time I play a video, no matter the file type (from mp4, mkv, to avi) or the program (from windows video player & media player, vlc, to Kodi), the video is just black while the audio plays completely normal. This problem has gotten progressively worse over the past month...
  6. Video capture has a black screen and working audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio: Hello, When using video capture all I get is audio and a black screen. I did not have this problem before, then I recorded many videos. I have not use Capture for a period so I don't now when this problem arrived. thanks and regards...
  7. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  8. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343