Windows 10: black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page

Discus and support black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba 2016 C70 series and all of a sudden when I turn it on it wont take me to the sign in page . Been rebooting it 12 times so far and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phil7788, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Phil7788 Win User

black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page

I have a Toshiba 2016 C70 series and all of a sudden when I turn it on it wont take me to the sign in page . Been rebooting it 12 times so far and still no sign in page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Now my other Toshiba did the same thing. No sign in screen just black.thanks any help would be appreciated.

:)

Phil7788, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Shairah Win User
    screen turns black after signing in

im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it?

Shairah, Jan 27, 2019
  4. (Richard) Win User

Failed reset with Windows 10 on Toshiba laptop

Thanks, Vanessa. I downloaded the ISO file on my laptop and burned a DVD. I inserted the DVD in the problem laptop and turned it on. It flashed the Toshiba page and went to a light blue screen. The hard drive light was on for about 10 seconds and it
    disappeared. I never did get the black screen with "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD".

The message on the Toshiba screen said to press f12 for boot manager and so I tried that but also unsuccessful.

I would appreciate any other suggestions to get this Toshiba Satellite back in operation.

Regards,

Richard

(Richard), Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page - Similar Threads - black screen turning

2. Laptop turns on, but the screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns on, but the screen is black: So recently I had an issue with my computer and I figured it was one of the ram slots that was broken, and just am running with single channel memory for. Now, and it worked up until yesterday.The computer booted on and then took forever on the asus loading screen, but then...
  3. Laptop turns on, but the screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns on, but the screen is black: So recently I had an issue with my computer and I figured it was one of the ram slots that was broken, and just am running with single channel memory for. Now, and it worked up until yesterday.The computer booted on and then took forever on the asus loading screen, but then...
  4. Black screen when i turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when i turn on my laptop: I turned off my computer during a windows update so the day after when i turned on my laptop it was rebooting every 30s saying they are deleting update changes so I kept turning it on and off again and again until the screen became black everytime I turn it on, help please...
  5. Toshiba Laptop Showing Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Laptop Showing Black Screen: I have a Toshiba L850 laptop. When I press the power button, nothing shows up. It's all empty. I have done hard resets but laptop is not opening.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-showing-black-screen/8471d818-bb25-4ec0-bff3-469ca8ef07ba
  6. Toshiba Satellite black screen after sign on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba Satellite black screen after sign on: I boot my computer. Screen goes black. Then the microsoft sign in screen appears with background photos I sign and screen goes black again Taskbar appears so I can get online , but the desktop screen is black. I've tried adjusting brightness and nothing, I've updated...
  7. Laptop screen turns black

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop screen turns black: My HP laptop Windows 10 while turning on displays a weird "Windows sign in" written screen instead of Set Lockscreen wallpaper, also when i try to enter password through keyboard the screens suddenly turns black with brightness and capslock being working, Can anyone help me...
  8. Toshiba satellite black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba satellite black screen: Toshiba stuck at "Leading Innovation" screen. After starting a system reset, I came back to a message saying "error: System reset unsucessful" or something similar to that. Now when it tries to boot it just puts up the product screen, goes black, then brings up the screen...
  9. No Toshiba logo when I turn laptop on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Toshiba logo when I turn laptop on: I have a Toshiba 2016 C70 series and all of a sudden when I turn it on it wont take me to toshiba start up logo. . Been rebooting it 12 times so far and still no sign in page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks 119229
  10. screen turns black after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    screen turns black after signing in: im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it? 91946