Windows 10: Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.

Discus and support Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed the new graphics card, Windows recognized it and downloaded the proper drivers. All good. However, if i try to update the drivers to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WinInsiderBeta, May 10, 2016.

1. Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.

I installed the new graphics card, Windows recognized it and downloaded the proper drivers. All good.
    However, if i try to update the drivers to the latest version, 365.10, during installation the display goes black and won't come back until i restart the PC.

This only occurs when updating to 365.10.
    The version downloaded from WU, 358.91, works perfectly.

Is this only a driver related issue or a faulty gfx Card?

:)

WinInsiderBeta, May 10, 2016

2. Getting black screen error after installing latest NVidia drivers on Windows 10

Old title: windows 10

windows 10 locks up and then goes black downloaded latest nvidia drivers but doesn't seem to help.

No codes coming up

Getting black screen error after installing latest NVidia drivers on Windows 10

DoyleHayes, May 10, 2016
  3. Problems with windows 10 creators update 1703, blank screen

The only clue I can give you, from our own testing, is that an MS forced Nvidia driver update caused our black screen issue on the RTM version of 1703. When we restored and updated the driver manually from the Nvidia website, there was no issue and the
    Nvidia update was not thereafter downloaded by Windows Update. We tested this a couple of times and can confirm that the fault was with the MS forced update.

DavidGale UK, May 10, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.

I got a black screen installing that driver version also. I restarted and It has not come back. I'd assume its the installation of the driver not the card. (I have an older 660Ti).

JohnC, May 10, 2016
  5. Strange, I saw many reports of people having glitches, crashes, BSODs, when using version 364.xx too.
    Do you think there's any risk of damage to the card?

WinInsiderBeta, May 11, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Seems like there has been problems for some with NVIDIA Drivers ever since after version 362.00 when reading posts here.
    I do not think it would damage your graphics card nor does it seem like a graphics card issue. I am still reluctant to try other drivers and have been on 362.00, plus no major improvements on the latest drivers mostly game improvements.

jds63, May 11, 2016
  7. Looks like I'll have to try this version you mentioned. Is this WDDM 2.0 and/or supports DX12? My 730 is the Fermi variation (uses the GF108 chip).

8. jds63 Win User

GPU and the games have to support DirectX 12 i believe also http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx12/supported-gpus

Yes it supports both 362.00

Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version. [​IMG]

jds63, May 11, 2016
  9. Unfortunately 362.00 also didn't work. Same black screen. I'll just keep using the older version (358.91 from WU) to avoid this problem. Anyway thanks for the help *Smile

10. jds63 Win User
    Welcome, but strange issue i am trying to think what can be causing this since an even older one works.

jds63, May 11, 2016
  11. Well, looks like a force reset "solves" the issue... No errors... Seems to be working correctly. Very strange issue.

So for anyone using the same card, be careful with these drivers.

12. jds63 Win User
    Wait which drivers does this happen with again ?

jds63, May 11, 2016
  13. Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.

365.10 - Black screen while installing/updating;

362.00 - Also black screen while installing/updating.

The only way to get video output back is to force restart the computer.

358.91 - From Windows Update - Works properly.

14. jds63 Win User
    O.k. so black screen after installing those. Force restart because you are then stuck to normally restart with black screen. So same happens over an over if you keep those drivers other then 358.91 ? Meaning restarting again or shutting down and starting again, same issues ?

jds63, May 11, 2016
  15. No, after force restarting, everything seems to work normally, no more black screens.

I can shut down and turn the PC back on, or even restart normally.

The problem only seems to happen while installing or upgrading the drivers.

On the other hand, 358.91 installs correctly, no Black screens.

Thema:

1. Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version. - Similar Threads - Black screen updating

2. Hello! After updating to the latest nvidia driver version 546.01 the transparency...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello! After updating to the latest nvidia driver version 546.01 the transparency...: [IMG] Before: https://preview.redd.it/4dcsaatdtxxb1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a1671428abcf0f54aad857099699b6058e8fec19 After: https://preview.redd.it/0quhlzqgtxxb1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=581d90687cc2f8cffd262aef1e1307197b80f9ef submitted by...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  5. Latest nvidia driver crashed my computer black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest nvidia driver crashed my computer black screen: So I had to re format my pc as the latest nvidia drivers from Microsoft updates crashed my pcI have tried downloading them direct from the nvidia website. Also the same problem. Stuck as to what I can/should do. Never had a problem before. I have a gtx 1080 for reference...
  6. Latest nvidia driver crashed my computer black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest nvidia driver crashed my computer black screen: So I had to re format my pc as the latest nvidia drivers from Microsoft updates crashed my pcI have tried downloading them direct from the nvidia website. Also the same problem. Stuck as to what I can/should do. Never had a problem before. I have a gtx 1080 for reference...
  7. Latest nvidia driver crashed my computer black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  9. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver: I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the...
  10. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am updating my windows 10 PC from version 1809 to 1903 it has restarted a couple of times and is now seemingly stuck with a blinking black screen