Windows 10: Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

Discus and support Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning, I'm wondering if anyone in the community is able to help with this very peculiar bug we are experiencing. We're running an environment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris McClelland, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

Good morning,

I'm wondering if anyone in the community is able to help with this very peculiar bug we are experiencing. We're running an environment with around 200 computers, mostly the same Oltiplex 3010 setup but some different ones too.

In the last 3 weeks, we've started noticing a bug which appears to show up across all machines. Sometimes, when a user logs in, it goes past the welcome part and straight to a black screen. There's no start menu, background, desktop items, in fact, it's almost as if the screen is off (However it's not as we can see and use the mouse). If the user logs off and back on, this issue is then gone. I've checked and they aren't getting a temporary profile (no .temp in regedit or popups and also, user profile seems fine in the users folder.

If the user gets a black screen and then doesn't re-log and moves to another computer, the same issue occurs. However, if the user does the re-log trick then tries another computer, it's normally fine. This makes me wonder if it's something to do with roaming profiles, however I'm really not sure.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so, have any of you found a solution?

:)

Chris McClelland, Nov 15, 2018
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 15, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Nov 15, 2018
  4. zplugger Win User

Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

Put old hard drive with windows 7 back in computer and it booted Perfect. Put Windows 10 hard drive back in and same problem,goes to user log on OK then screen turns black. Left it on for a hour and still have black screen,but screen saver bubbles are working? Does the same thing thing in Safe Mode, think I need to roll back display driver. Don't know how to get there,I can get to task manager when on black screen. All suggestions are welcomed.

zplugger, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

1. Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again. - Similar Threads - Black screen users

2. black screen on log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen on log in: so i've just started getting a black screen after log in can still use the cursor and all that and run programs from task manager, ive seen a couple of fixes online however if i leave the pc run for about 5 minutes then everything goes back to normal.should i just go with the...
  3. Log out Idle users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log out Idle users: Hello all, Working with windows 10 here and I am wondering how in the world can I logout users after 2-3 days off being inactive/idle? I have done my research and have come empty handed, no luck with the group policies and I even created a bat file; it worked but did not...
  4. Black screen when I log in

Black screen when I log in: My laptop needed updating so i pressed update and shut down, now when i log in (it hasnt been long since i pressed update (only like an hour)) its just a black screen - is it still updating? submitted by /u/NukelerTNZ [link] [comments]...
  5. Logging out of Microsoft Minesweeper, AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging out of Microsoft Minesweeper, AGAIN: Seriously your basically bot support can't even reply to replies! Previous post's start: "Help i accidentally logged in to the wrong account in Minesweeper and i cannot switch to the one i want. Even reinstalling the game doesn't work. BTW i'm on Windows 10 Can someone...
  6. WiFi disconnects when user logs out

WiFi disconnects when user logs out: Hope you guys have a moment to help. We are having several laptops that need to be on the wireless domain on the login screen to allow users to log in. When on local admin I can connect just fine, but switching users or logging out kills the WiFi connection. I have entered a...
  7. Black screen when logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when logging in: Hi, I recently built my first PC using some new parts and some second hand ones from my friends, and it worked perfectly. Then I went away for a week and got back today, went to boot it up, made it to login, logged in and then the screen went black with the cursor appearing,...
  8. Log-in screen does not log me in,times out and asks for password again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log-in screen does not log me in,times out and asks for password again: Hi all, my first post here *Smile 10 Pro, 1607.14393.105 on C: SSD, data and user profiles on E: hard drive. While I am one of the rare people which seemingly had no problems with initial build 1607 Anniversary Update, as of the first quick patch for it (KB3176938 on...
  9. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...
  10. Logging out to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out to a black screen with cursor: I've see this on every computer with Windows 10 installed. Log out to switch to another user and you're hit with a black screen and cursor. Witnessed it on Intel, AMD and Nvidia hardware. Does MS even acknowledge this and is a fix inbound? 51871