Windows 10: Black screen when using any screen shot software

Discus and support Black screen when using any screen shot software in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to take a screen shot I get a black screen - I've tried MS Snipping Tool, Jing, Screen Hunter, Snagit but all of these switch to a b;ack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VicRodriguez1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Black screen when using any screen shot software

Whenever I try to take a screen shot I get a black screen - I've tried MS Snipping Tool, Jing, Screen Hunter, Snagit but all of these switch to a b;ack screen when I try to capture a screen. I suspect there's one or more settings somewhere that are causing this and I need help to track down and fix these. I need to be able to edit the screen shots once captured so 'Prt SC' is no good. Set up is Windows 10 with McAfee LiveSafe

:)

VicRodriguez1, Jan 5, 2019

2. Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black screen when using any screen shot software

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Black screen when using any screen shot software

1. Black screen when using any screen shot software - Similar Threads - Black screen using

2. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  3. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  4. black screen when uninstalling softwares

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen when uninstalling softwares: hello i have a weird issue im connected remote on a user pc with my credential the user is not admin but when i try to uninstall stuff i'm part of the local administrations group i recieve a popup to enter my credentials so i did but i get a blackscreen right after and...
  5. black screen when uninstalling softwares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen when uninstalling softwares: hello i have a weird issue im connected remote on a user pc with my credential the user is not admin but when i try to uninstall stuff i'm part of the local administrations group i recieve a popup to enter my credentials so i did but i get a blackscreen right after and...
  6. black screen when uninstalling softwares

7. screen shots

screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  8. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  9. screen shot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  10. screen shot

screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....