Windows 10: Black screen while in Windows 10 setup

Discus and support Black screen while in Windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was in Windows 10 setup using the Media tool. I have reached the step where it restarted then a big circle came up with three parts under saying like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harvard, Jul 29, 2015.

1. harvard Win User

Black screen while in Windows 10 setup

I was in Windows 10 setup using the Media tool. I have reached the step where it restarted then a big circle came up with three parts under saying like "Copying Files" and other two things. Then, suddenly it restarted and only a black screen was there. No cursor, sounds, screen. Now I am installing Windows 10 again but fearing the same will happen again. This is NOT a black screen at the log screen; I have not even finished the installation yet and get a black screen.

:)

harvard, Jul 29, 2015
  2. G-man089 Win User

Black Screen and cursor after Windows 10 Upgrade

Upgraded to Windows 10 this morning and after it told me that it was tweaking the setup parameters, and it is taking a while, but should happen soon, all I get is a black screen and a mouse cursor. HD light on laptop barely flashes - maybe once every 10-15
    seconds, or not at all. I have tried to reboot. and get the same black screen and cursor. I am traveling and have no recovery possibility. What action needs to be taken?

G-man089, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Black screen on start up & "Windows Update: Service Registration Is Missing or Corrupt "

Hi Sarah,

Corruption may be the possible cause why you're experiencing a black screen error. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    to troubleshoot black screen. It will let you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10, see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10 and see a black or blank screen during setup or upgrade.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Black screen while in Windows 10 setup

Black screen is a Linux invention and not a Windows one. If it happen ounce again, press the sleep mode button on your keyboard and the monitor will enter in sleep mode. Press any key to recover it. Never face an issue like that one in the past 3 months and I installed many releases of Ten. Check also to update you Graphics drivers…

MikeMecanic, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
Thema:

Black screen while in Windows 10 setup

1. Black screen while in Windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - Black screen while

2. windows setup shows black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows setup shows black screen: when i try to install windows 10 32-bit on my old laptop 32-bit, circa 2004, it shows the windows logo for a split second but then goes to a black screen. it just sits at the black screen for a long time and doesnt do anything else. im using a usb to install windows 10 and i...
  3. Black screen with cursor while reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor while reinstalling windows 10: For some background, my PC was running unusually slow until it got to the point where it would stay stuck on the loading screen for a longer time then it should. I remember running powershell and it found there were corrupted files. I couldn't get rid of them normally (before...
  4. Black screen while after boot on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen while after boot on windows 10.: I had a computer that came with windows 10 1703 and during the setup it told me to get the latest update for windows 10 and then the update was complete. Soon it blue screened and after a blue screen of death occurred, it restarted and it was on a black screen. I powered it...
  5. Black screen while downloading windows 10

Black screen while downloading windows 10: I just started up installing windows 10 because my windows 7 retired. I left for dinner shortly after. When I came back I saw a black screen. I decided to wait. 5 hours have passed and nothing's going on. The keyboard is 'locked' - I tried pressing numlock and capslick and...
  6. Black screen while downloading windows 10

Black screen while downloading windows 10: I just started up installing windows 10 because my windows 7 retired. I left for dinner shortly after. When I came back I saw a black screen. I decided to wait. 5 hours have passed and nothing's going on. The keyboard is 'locked' - I tried pressing numlock and capslick and...
  7. Black Screen while Formatting WINDOWS 10

Black Screen while Formatting WINDOWS 10: So there is a problem with my computer and I wanted to format/clean up windows 10. I followed the instructions on doing it. after clicking to delete everything and restore windows 10 again it says "rebooting your computer, it will take a while". After that the computer...
  8. Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup: Does anyone have a solution for this? Reboot does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-install-produced-black-screen-during/acc00a11-ff2b-46b8-90d7-11757852b954
  9. Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10

Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10: Hey guys! So like a lot of you, I wanted to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. But when the laptop was in the middle of installing Windows 10 and had restarted a few times, as it does during the installation, it suddenly went black screen with NO cursor or anything. It has...
  10. Windows 10 Black screen while upgrading

Windows 10 Black screen while upgrading: It happens everytime I try to upgrade windows 10, I have tried loads of different methods but none seem to work. The C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log is as follows: Code: 2015-08-02 21:50:42, Error CDiagnosticsHelper::SetSQMDatapoint: Attempting to set a...