Windows 10: Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

Discus and support Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MelvinThomas Mathew, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

Hey,

This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode and works perfectly but when I switch to fullscreen mode (alt+enter). The screen turns enitrely black and the audio is audible. This same problem happens for all the three games I have: Mad Max, Assassins' creed origins and Need For Speed Payback.

I googled and tried lots of fixes but none of them seemed t work. Can anyone Please Help me out asap.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MelvinThomas Mathew, Jan 7, 2019

2. Games does not view in fullscreen mode in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will certainly help you with the issue.

To assist you better, please answer the questions below:

• Is the issue specific to particular game on Windows 10?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to reinstall the game and check if the screen gets maximized when it launches.

Please get back to us with the updated status, we will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 7, 2019
  3. comdude2 Win User
    Windows creates another "screen" on fullscreen game launch

When I launch any fullscreen application or game using Dynamic Super Resolution, the game / app launches on my main monitor which is what I want, but all the applications on my second screen (which is to the right of the main screen) "disappears" and it's
    like a new screen is created and the only app there is Skype, not the other 10 or so applications, when I Alt + tab it puts skype back onto my usual second monitor and everything is as it was until I Alt + tab back into the game.

When I had my second monitor to the left of my main display, it would leave everything where it was and I could play a game and have all my apps still on the second screen.

I just need to know how to get it to stop moving it around, any help would be great thanks.

Specs in case they're needed:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7 4930k

32GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti

comdude2, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

Game black screen when I launch my game.

Hi,

There are many reasons why you're getting a black screen when launching a game. For us to provide proper assistance, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to this issue?

• Are you having the issue with all your games?

• When did the issue start?

Wilfred Mac, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

1. Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen while

2. Black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  3. Fullscreen Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Black Screen: Hello,Whenever i play games Fortnite Apex Minecraft. etc. i can only play windowed or windowed fullscreen for some reason,if i try and play just fullscreen my screen goes black until F11 or Alt+Tab, because of this my framerate in all the games are decreased quite heavily.so...
  4. Fullscreen Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Black Screen: Hello,Whenever i play games Fortnite Apex Minecraft. etc. i can only play windowed or windowed fullscreen for some reason,if i try and play just fullscreen my screen goes black until F11 or Alt+Tab, because of this my framerate in all the games are decreased quite heavily.so...
  5. Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen: This has been an issue for months now, and I've tried many different fixes such as updating my graphics drivers and regularly restarting my computer, but it's all been to no avail. When I'm not in fullscreen, the issue is nonexistent. I have no idea what it could be at this...
  6. Black screen in games when fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  7. games not launching in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    games not launching in fullscreen: one of the weirdest problems with windows im on windows 10 i have ever seen my, laptop will launch a game perfectly fine in fullscreen on my laptop display but on my 2nd monitor it will launch it with a border even though the in game menu is set to full screen my laptops...
  8. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...
  9. Black screen while launching a game

Black screen while launching a game: Hello I'm experiencing a problem while gaming. When i launch a game(tried it with more than one) i get a black screen. The computer Works just fine, but when i want to play games the screen goes Black. I have tried to reinstall the drivers, download all Windows updates and...
  10. Black screen appears while launching games in full screen mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen appears while launching games in full screen mode in windows 10: Hey, This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode and works perfectly but when I switch to full screen mode (alt+enter). The screen turns entirely black and the audio is...