Windows 10: Black Screen, whirling fans

Discus and support Black Screen, whirling fans in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arsenal Phill, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Black Screen, whirling fans

I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan seems to keep going at maximum until I push the on/off button and the machine will reboot. Have checked files system, reloaded the game 3 times incase issue. Done clean boot. Turned off firewalls and anti virus. Pulling my hair out right now. Can anyone help please?

:)

Arsenal Phill, Aug 12, 2022

2. Fan speed too high and receives black screen

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What was the reason for you to perform a reset?
    • Does that mean you receive black screen on the desktop?
    First let us troubleshoot for the black screen issue and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Once done with that, let’s check the cause for the fan speed.

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on
    Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device
    Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 12, 2022
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black Screen, whirling fans

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Black Screen, whirling fans

1. Black Screen, whirling fans - Similar Threads - Black Screen whirling

2. Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans: Unresponsive laptop with black screen, loud fan noise. I turned my laptop to update and shutdown after some time when i comeback i see a black screen and loud fans. I checked and it eas not overheated. I tried to restart and it isnt responding to me. It bas been 4hours into...
  3. Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans: Unresponsive laptop with black screen, loud fan noise. I turned my laptop to update and shutdown after some time when i comeback i see a black screen and loud fans. I checked and it eas not overheated. I tried to restart and it isnt responding to me. It bas been 4hours into...
  4. Black Screen, whirling fans

Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  5. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  6. Computer fans spin but black screen

Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  7. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  8. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  9. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

10. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.: I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown. One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working....