Windows 10: Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED

Discus and support Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got an odyssey + and recently it stopped working. It has worked perfectly before but now in the headset it shows all black but in my pc monitor I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nacho_018, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Nacho_018 Win User

Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED

I've got an odyssey + and recently it stopped working.

It has worked perfectly before but now in the headset it shows all black but in my pc monitor I can see perfectly.

I've tried the trouble-shooting page but it did not work, I'm getting scared my vr headset won't work anymore..

I've also formatted my pc but it does not work aswell

Any help would be super appreciated!!!

IT'S ALREADY FIXED, I HAD TO CHANGE TO 60hz.

This video from another user helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baXZ3nuJGEI

:)

Nacho_018, Aug 21, 2020

2. Mixed Reality random black screen (Lenovo Explorer)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. There are several reason why this is happening. It could an issue with outdated driver, a connection problem or an issue with hardware itself. We would like to confirm some information to help you better.

• When did this issue start? Have you made any changes to your computer before this issue started?
    • Is this issue only happening if you are starting to us Steam VR?

Meanwhile, you can perform the following steps:

• Update driver. Go to Device Manager > Mixed Reality Devices > right click on the driver and update it.
    • You can also change the resolution or the Supersampling. Please head over to this
      link
      for the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Dell Windows Mixed Reality randomly blacks out

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Windows Mixed Reality Headset on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the exact model of the Mixed Reality headset?
    4. Which drivers did you try re-installing?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try troubleshooting the headset by referring the section My headset displays are black from the article

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality

Method 2:

Try re-installing Windows Mixed Reality Portal and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
    2. Now click on Apps and select Apps & features
    3. Search for Mixed Reality Portal and click on it
    4. Now click on Uninstall

Then re-install the app from
    Microsoft Store
    and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED

mixed reality in 1703

hi joydeep sir do i need any vr head sets to view mixed reality or i can simply use mixed reality in windows 10 1703.or there will be an app to view mixed reality without vr headsets.

[ Moved from: Windows>Windows 10>Performance & System failures>PC ]

JoydeepSarkar685, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED

1. Black screen windows mixed reality vr FIXED - Similar Threads - Black screen mixed

2. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  3. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  4. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  5. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  6. windows mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mixed reality: Nvidia mx150 is supported for windows mixed reality but mx250 isn't why? need help at this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality/b69248fb-657c-4515-9425-2fb71d300996
  7. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  8. New Microsoft Maquette prototyping tool for mixed reality VR

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Maquette prototyping tool for mixed reality VR: Microsoft is working on a new way to prototype ideas in VR. Microsoft Maquette is a mixed reality tool for creating immersive prototypes using a PC VR headset. Read more: Microsoft Maquette Beta Home Release notes: Release Notes Microsoft Maquette Beta 120684
  9. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  10. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mixed reality only showing black