Windows 10: Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over

Discus and support Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have had a 144hz monitor a few months now and I set it to run at 144hz when I first got it and it was fine, I notice today that it was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxSt Ledger, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over

So I have had a 144hz monitor a few months now and I set it to run at 144hz when I first got it and it was fine, I notice today that it was only running 60Hz so I switched it over to 144Hz and my screen went black with a very thin line of picture at the very top of my monitor, I currently use a DP connection on a 1050Ti and have also tried HDMI into the GPU and it does the same thing, does anyone know why this is happening or have a fix for this as would very much like it back into 144Hz! I have tried installing and reinstalling the graphic drivers, I was attempting this on Windows 10 I then u

:)

MaxSt Ledger, Sep 25, 2022

2. Refresh rate

I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz.

AyushAchin, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 25, 2022
  4. John DeV Win User

Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over

Refresh Rate

Hello JhonathainLeveen,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem changing your monitor screen refresh rate to 144hz. Can you take a screenshot of the error when trying to click
    "Display adapter properties for Display 1"? and kindly post on your next reply

Please try to visit your Video card manufacturer's Support page. Download and install the latest graphics driver.

Right click on the desktop then select Display Settings

Select Advanced display settings then "Choose Display" select your New monitor on the drop-down list

Click "Display adapter properties for Display 1"

Under Monitor tab > Monitor screen refresh rate > 144hz

If you have Nvidia Control Panel, Open it

Expand Display then select Change resolution

Under Refresh rate > select 144hz then Press Apply

if it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then try to change the settings again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402692...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over

1. Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over - Similar Threads - Black Screen 144Hz

2. Black screen when changing the refresh rate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when changing the refresh rate.: I have an Asus ROG Strix G laptop, whenever I change the refresh rate from 48hz to 120hz, the bottom half of the screen goes black, it is still responsive though, I can click on the taskbar and open the apps pinned there. I've been using this laptop since 2-3 years now and it...
  3. Black screen when changing the refresh rate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when changing the refresh rate.: I have an Asus ROG Strix G laptop, whenever I change the refresh rate from 48hz to 120hz, the bottom half of the screen goes black, it is still responsive though, I can click on the taskbar and open the apps pinned there. I've been using this laptop since 2-3 years now and it...
  4. Black screen when changing the refresh rate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with 144Hz refresh rate change over: So I have had a 144hz monitor a few months now and I set it to run at 144hz when I first got it and it was fine, I notice today that it was only running 60Hz so I switched it over to 144Hz and my screen went black with a very thin line of picture at the very top of my...
  6. Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor: I just got my new 1440p 144Hz monitor and I connect it to my laptop thru HDMI using the cable supplied with the monitor. I was able to select 1440p resolution but couldn't not select the 144Hz option. I am on Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.282.The same cable I used on another...
  7. Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to select 144Hz refresh rate on new monitor: I just got my new 1440p 144Hz monitor and I connect it to my laptop thru HDMI using the cable supplied with the monitor. I was able to select 1440p resolution but couldn't not select the 144Hz option. I am on Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.282.The same cable I used on another...
  8. I cant boost my screen refresh rate to 144Hz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant boost my screen refresh rate to 144Hz: I have a Lenovo legion laptop with a screen refresh rate is 144Hz. suddenly without no interference with my settings it went to 60Hz and now i cant even change it to 144Hz again. i have tried every possible way from monitor refresh rate settings to updating my display...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Refresh Rate Cant Change from 60Hz to 144Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Refresh Rate Cant Change from 60Hz to 144Hz: Hi i bought the Games Forza Horizon 4 and wanted to play the game on 144Hz. I noticed at the Benchmark my Refresh Rate was on 60Hz so i wanted to change it but there is no Option for it. I already looked up and noticed that some guys had it working to 144Hz from their...
  10. screen refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen refresh rate: Hello i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem : every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a couple seconds i went to power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > then i changed the intel...