Windows 10: black screen with curser after logon

Discus and support black screen with curser after logon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterTsiorbas, Feb 3, 2019.

1. black screen with curser after logon

How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell reset to explorer.exe. What else can I try?

:)

PeterTsiorbas, Feb 3, 2019

2. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Birch2016 Win User
    Black screen and Blinking curser after upgrade

Original Title: Blinking curser

At first startup after updating to Windows 10 screen is black with curser blinking in upper left corner. No response from mouse or keyboard. What is the solution?

Birch2016, Feb 3, 2019
  4. black screen with curser after logon

Black computer screen with curser

Hi Margaret,

The black screen error that you encounter can be due to a corrupted update installation. To get your device working, we suggest that you follow the steps found on this

link
    under Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor provided by
    Sharath Srinivasa.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

black screen with curser after logon

1. black screen with curser after logon - Similar Threads - black screen curser

2. black screen with curser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with curser: i am running windows 10 with 2 monitors, i turned on my computer and one monitor is black the other is black screen with a curser that i can move around. only way to turn computer off is to hold power button down, i have no other options. i am trying to repair, uninstall...
  3. black screen with curser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with curser: i am running windows 10 with 2 monitors, i turned on my computer and one monitor is black the other is black screen with a curser that i can move around. only way to turn computer off is to hold power button down, i have no other options. i am trying to repair, uninstall...
  4. black screen with curser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen with curser problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with curser problem.: After installing my pc, I began starting up windows for the first time, asked me for my country, wifi, and then it pulled up a screen saying “Sit back and watch the magic happen.” Did something for a bit and came back to only find my screen in complete black with only my...
  6. Black screen with curser problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with curser problem.: After installing my pc, I began starting up windows for the first time, asked me for my country, wifi, and then it pulled up a screen saying “Sit back and watch the magic happen.” Did something for a bit and came back to only find my screen in complete black with only my...
  7. Black screen with curser problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black screen with curser.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with curser.: I updated my pc to the latest windows 10 version this was a forced install and now i have a black screen with a curser after the login screen, I managed to uninstall the update and the problem was fixed. Two days later windows forced the update on me again, and again after...
  9. Black screen with curser after update

Black screen with curser after update: I was updating my laptop overnight then the next morning I woke up and the laptop died cause bat battery was dead. I forgot to charge it but I plugged in the charger and logged in but all I could see was a black screen with a curser. I've tried restarting and a couple of...
  10. Black screen/ just curser after user screen

Black screen/ just curser after user screen: I had posted earlier tonight about my Start Up wndows logo and tray icons almost all are frozen. I tried solutions posted but since i cant access Settings or Window logo i was stuck. I tried accessing run menu through Task Mgr but wasnt getting anywhere. Now i cant get...