Windows 10: Black screen with cursor after being left not used

Discus and support Black screen with cursor after being left not used in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting a black screen with cursor appear on my laptop after I leave it alone for a while (not being used). I have read many forums with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattymatty2000, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Black screen with cursor after being left not used

Hi, I keep getting a black screen with cursor appear on my laptop after I leave it alone for a while (not being used). I have read many forums with similar problems but after login or at boot, for me it just happens randomly when im not using it. I have windows 10 and recently cloned my HDD to a SSD and replaced it (not sure if that had something to do with it). I've tried ctrl + alt + del, win + P and attempting to login (again) after reading some other forums but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks a lot for any help

:)

mattymatty2000, Aug 13, 2016

2. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Aug 13, 2016
  3. display is off centre

Hi

I believe if you take your "cursor" and hover it over on the line of your desk top and the black area the cursor will take a "horizontal" shape and when you accomplish this left click(hold it down while moving the horizontal cursor) and drag the desk top
    (with the cursor in horizontal shape) to the right to fill in black area. This will widen the screen to the right. Now....if you can do the same on the left side and drag it to the left, you should see the words or whatever you are looking for to reappear.

All you are basically doing is stretching the screen to the left or the right using your cursor and left clicking and holding the left side down while moving the cursor to widen or shorten the screen etc.

Hope this is what u needed help with.

Cheers/Sandra

Sandra Kaufman, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Black screen with cursor after being left not used

1. Black screen with cursor after being left not used - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. black screen with cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor after logging in: Hi. I just had this annoying black screen after I just logged in to my laptop. It is a black screen with a cursor. Pressing ESC, Windows key, ctrl+alt+delete or windows key+R then typing explorer.exe don't do anything good, still a black screen so it forces me to press the...
  3. Black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, no cursor: So last night my laptop froze up and i was forced to hard restart it but when it logged back in the screen was completely black except for the cursor. Since restarting a few times now if i wait about ten minutes the screen will load the default windows 10 background plus...
  4. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  5. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...
  6. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  7. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: So I've had this problem for two days now, and I'm really getting annoyed by it.I got a black screen with a cursor when I logged out (Win+L) of my computer. I've tried restoring my computer, and that fixes it, but the problem comes back when i turn it off. I've now...
  9. Black screen no cursor after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor after reset: My computer crashed shut down. After that windows 10 would not start properly. I tried resetting my pc. It finishes resetting and then starts installing windows. During the installation my screens goes black and I have no cursor. Ive tried to enter the options to try and...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...