Windows 10: Black screen with cursor after being left not used

Discus and support Black screen with cursor after being left not used in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting a black screen with cursor appear on my laptop after I leave it alone for a while (not being used). I have read many forums with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattymatty2000, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Black screen with cursor after being left not used

Hi, I keep getting a black screen with cursor appear on my laptop after I leave it alone for a while (not being used). I have read many forums with similar problems but after login or at boot, for me it just happens randomly when im not using it. I have windows 10 and recently cloned my HDD to a SSD and replaced it (not sure if that had something to do with it). I've tried ctrl + alt + del, win + P and attempting to login (again) after reading some other forums but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks a lot for any help

:)

mattymatty2000, Aug 13, 2016

2. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Aug 13, 2016
  3. display is off centre

Hi

I believe if you take your "cursor" and hover it over on the line of your desk top and the black area the cursor will take a "horizontal" shape and when you accomplish this left click(hold it down while moving the horizontal cursor) and drag the desk top
    (with the cursor in horizontal shape) to the right to fill in black area. This will widen the screen to the right. Now....if you can do the same on the left side and drag it to the left, you should see the words or whatever you are looking for to reappear.

All you are basically doing is stretching the screen to the left or the right using your cursor and left clicking and holding the left side down while moving the cursor to widen or shorten the screen etc.

Hope this is what u needed help with.

Cheers/Sandra

Sandra Kaufman, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Black screen with cursor after being left not used

1. Black screen with cursor after being left not used - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with typing cursor in top left on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with typing cursor in top left on startup: Hello, I've had this computer for a few years and recently it's taken 5-10 attempts to start it up and all the times it failed it had a typing cursor and a black screen and nothing works on the black screen I can't even access bios but now it just doesn't startup at all no...
  3. Black screen with typing cursor in top left on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with typing cursor in top left on startup: Hello, I've had this computer for a few years and recently it's taken 5-10 attempts to start it up and all the times it failed it had a typing cursor and a black screen and nothing works on the black screen I can't even access bios but now it just doesn't startup at all no...
  4. Black screen with typing cursor in top left on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  6. Black screen with cursor issue only after using VR?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor issue only after using VR?: Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me insight for this issue, as I haven't found much info on it. The issue first started when I plugged in my VR headset and the screen froze. I hard powered down using the physical button. When I turned on my computer again,...
  7. Screen black + cursor after a BSoD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen black + cursor after a BSoD: Nothing helps, I restarted the PC multiple times and even took out and put back in the battery as a guide said. Help!! submitted by /u/rifflefan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwiuwl/screen_black_cursor_after_a_bsod/
  8. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  10. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...