Windows 10: Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

Discus and support Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to fix this? System restore point didn't work, nor did editing shell in regedit. I am able to boot into safe mode, but not sure what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/caedius, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

Is there any way to fix this? System restore point didn't work, nor did editing shell in regedit.

I am able to boot into safe mode, but not sure what to do once I'm in there

submitted by /u/caedius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/caedius, Apr 24, 2020
  2. BetsyCole Win User

Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Apr 24, 2020
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with flashing cursor

Two weeks ago I had to delete and reload Windows 10. A few days ago my screen suddenly went black with the blinking cursor in the top left hand corner.

I can only do a hard reboot, and when I do, on my screen I briefly get the Dell logo with
    F2 Set Up / F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Then it quickly reverts to a black screen with blinking cursor. Pressing either of the F2 /F12 keys has no effect.

I have attempted to do a hard boot 3 & 4 times in succession but it always comes back to the black screen with blinking cursor.

No sticky key combinations that I have seen mentioned on the Community page work at all. I'm stuck on the black screen with cursor.

Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BetsyCole, Apr 24, 2020
  4. DAN
    Dan Win User

Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

Black Screen after Windows 10 Update no motherboard logo, no cursor, no safe mode, nothing

First of all, I'm not an expert but a pretty decent hack who finds answers on forums that fix most everyday issues we run into. I "successfully" updated to Windows 10 from 8.1 on a Gateway SX2110G-UW23 Desktop that was purchased roughly two years ago. I went through the whole "Hi. I'm Cortana. Blah, blah, blah." and walked away feeling that I was good. That night the computer hibernated (as it does every night because I never changed it to not hibernate) and upon powering up the next day I got a black screen with no motherboard logo, no cursor, no ability to get into safe mode, nothing at all.

So far I have tried:

• F8 on start up. No dice. Thinking this is due to fast start up but not worried about that since I can't do anything about it now
    • Put in a Windows 10 boot USB. No luck here since I think there is a setting that has to look to USB to boot and probably wasn't set before upgrade. Again, not worried about that since I can't do anything about it now.
    • Plugged in separate "monitor" - aka 32 inch LCD TV - to HDMI. Used Windows+P to try to switch monitors.
    • Tried to interrupt startup 3X in a row to force failed login and recovery mode.
    • Tried several suggestion starting with a blind login.

It's an AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics card, so I assume it's not the NVidia driver issue, plus there was no KSOD until after it powered back up, not during the upgrade itself.

Too many hours on forums for a computer that cost $169 for surfing, e-mail and taxes. BUT there's boat loads of music, pictures and tax files from probably the past ten years and although I have backed up I'm sure it's been a while...leave the chastising, I know, I know. Any other solutions welcome.

Thema:

Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo

1. Black Screen with cursor after motherboard logo - Similar Threads - Black Screen cursor

2. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  3. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  4. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  5. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  6. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  7. Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST

Win 10 - Black Screen With No Cursor, No Windows Logo After POST: I researched this issue on internet and I found nothing. I guess I'm the only weird pc owner here?... I formatted my PC yesterday and updated EVERYTHING that must be updated and even some more just to make sure this PC won't suck again like last time... I tried to turn...
  8. BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO

BLACK SCREEN AFTER WINDOWS LOGO: in the beginning my screen used to turn off for a second whenever I went to fullscreen mode or exiting it while playing a vid be it offline(downloaded on my laptop) or on youtube, I didn't think much of it at that time. Approximately one year later I randomly checked my...
  9. Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor: Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then...
  10. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after windows logo: So it started this morning: I turned on my pc and it froze right after it passed the Blue windows logo screen. A black screen appeared with no cursor. I rebooted the pc (through the reset button) and everytime it got stuck at the black screen and then rebooted on its...