Windows 10: Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Discus and support Black Screen with Cursor After recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmanShah4, Dec 2, 2020.

1. AmanShah4 Win User

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Hello,

After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you please help me out.

Also I have tried to reset the PC and repair the PC both are not working

Thanks.

:)

AmanShah4, Dec 2, 2020

2. Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

1. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  3. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  4. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  5. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  8. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor: My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the...
  9. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...
  10. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...