Windows 10: Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Discus and support Black screen with Cursor after start up? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephAbraham3, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt.

I've tried everything else but nothing works.

:)

JosephAbraham3, Jun 28, 2020

2. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jun 28, 2020
  3. JaredzzC Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Hi,

I locked my computer before I went away for a couple of days and came back to a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
    Every time I try to start the computer, it will go through the initial startup sequence of displaying the manufacture's logo for the motherboard and then it will say 'Starting Windows' After which point it will just display a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

I can access the motherboard's features absolutely fine and the options such as safe mode, start windows normally etc are available.

I've tried:
    Startup Repair - No problems.
    Windows Recovery Diagnostic Tool - No problems.
    Chkdsk - No problems found.
    There are no dates available for System Restore.
    It won't start in safe mode. It runs through the loading then same result as before, only the cursor visible.

As a last attempt I cleared the CMOS, but with the same outcome as before.

I thought it could perhaps be GPU related, but it doesn't seem so.
    I have 2 GPUs, both R9 290. They were both working absolutely fine before I left - no problems whatsoever.
    I have tried them each one by one but they produce the same result individually ( after 'starting windows' a black screen with only the mouse cursor appears).

Specs can be found in my 'system specs' section.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

JaredzzC, Jun 28, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with Cursor after start up?

1. Black screen with Cursor after start up? - Similar Threads - Black screen Cursor

2. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  3. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  4. No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No desktop on start up, just plain black screen with cursor.: Hello, I've been getting this problem every time i open my laptop. When im done inputting the password, it'll proceed into a blackscreen and stays there for almost or more than a minute before my desktop runs....
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  6. Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update: I am going to say now my windows is not activated. I tried running explorer.exe and ending the task but the black screen was still there. I tried rolling back my displaying adapter and unstalling it, did nothing. I havent installed any third party malware protection. I cant...
  7. CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING

CONSTANT BLACK SCREEN NO CURSOR NO START UP NO NOTHING: Hi everyone last night i helped my mate build his first pc. Before we get into it specs are, AMD Ryzen R5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 Kingston Hyperfury 16GB 8GB x 2 Gigabyte X570UD 1TB M.2 650W 80 plus gold PSU ASUS 165HZ monitor So start up was fine everything was working...
  8. Flashing Black Screen after Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Black Screen after Start Up: For the past few weeks, I've encountered this issue pretty much every time I log in. Everything works normally until the desktop starts loading, then both screens start flashing black and the taskbar appears and disappears. I can access the Task Manager via the shortcut or...
  9. Black Screen after Start-up

Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  10. Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up: I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows PC has been running fine until recently. I have been getting occasional random BSOD errors over the last few days which I didn't think much about, but today I started getting a lot of...