Windows 10: Black screen with cursor at sign-in (App Readiness)

Discus and support Black screen with cursor at sign-in (App Readiness) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a new MSI GS65, My first boot (initialization) was totally fine. However, after rebooting my device (Audio Update), the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kumiho610, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Kumiho610 Win User

Black screen with cursor at sign-in (App Readiness)

Hello,

I just bought a new MSI GS65,

My first boot (initialization) was totally fine.

However, after rebooting my device (Audio Update), the screen remained black with the cursor after the sign-in.

I have read that this was due to the App Readiness when booting up and disabled it.

This fixed the problem.

However, what is the impact of leaving it disabled?

I read in several forums that Microsoft was aware of the issue.

Has it been fixed? What should I do?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Kumiho610, Jan 14, 2019

2. Black Screen with Cursor during sign in

Hello Patrick,

We understand that you are facing issue with Black screen with cursor during sign-in in your system. Let us assist you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app. We suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps to resolve the problem:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade issue: Black screen with a cursor after Sign-in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer steps by Sharath Srinivasa dated on August 7, 2015 from the link below.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following section: Black screen
    after

sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 14, 2019
  4. ewitzMS Win User

App Readiness causing black screens.

No Blue Screens of Death. (Or Black Screens of Death.) Just the 5+ minute delays when logging into profiles, that stopping App Readiness resolves. Your link seems to have some useful info in it, and I will try applying the Windows updates included.

Is there a specific list of what App Readiness is used for, and what leaving it fully disabled does to a system for the time being?

ewitzMS, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen with cursor at sign-in (App Readiness) - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor: Hello community, after I have updated my pc when I turned my computer on it was loading for a long time. As soon as it finished loading my computer I got a black screen with a cursor. I kept trying to turn of my computer over and over again sometimes it would load and give me...
  3. Black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with no cursor: Hello friends, I'm not sure if this is allowed but I am out of ideas and my computer won't start. If this is not allowed, go ahead and delete this post. Computer hardware: Intel BODXDX79TO LGA 2011 X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel 330 series Maple Crest 2.5" 180gb SATA III...
  4. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor: I have installed windows 10 and after login there's only black screen with a cursor. I haven't installed any apps on it and I have no idea what could've caused it. I have tried various fixes but none work. I can open task manager. When I try to run explorer task it appears...
  5. Black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a cursor.: So when i restarted my laptop today a message popped out saying:"your pc ran into a problem,we are restarting it for you". Then under the windows logo it says "auto repairing service". Then a black screen pops out with a white cursor. When i press alt+ctrl+del or...
  6. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  8. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: So I've had this problem for two days now, and I'm really getting annoyed by it.I got a black screen with a cursor when I logged out (Win+L) of my computer. I've tried restoring my computer, and that fixes it, but the problem comes back when i turn it off. I've now...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...