Windows 10: Black screen with cursor before login screen

Discus and support Black screen with cursor before login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I've got a problem with Windows 10 Pro 1803. *sarc It show only cursor on black screen with blinking busy blue cricle and hdd led. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hyper10, Nov 20, 2018.

1. hyper10 Win User

Black screen with cursor before login screen

Hello.

I've got a problem with Windows 10 Pro 1803. *sarc It show only cursor on black screen with blinking busy blue cricle and hdd led.

I tried to solve minor problems by doing in place upgrade but after that it won't show login screen. I have working Win10 on another disk but I really need to resurect this one.

All attempts down below fails:
    I tried restore the point.
    I tried to move Windows.old to root of partition.
    I tried sfc from working Windows on another partition:
    Code: sfc /scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows /OFFLOGFILE=c:\log.txt[/quote] I tried dism:
    Code: dism /imageBlack screen with cursor before login screen :D:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:G:\install.wim:5 /ScratchDirBlack screen with cursor before login screen :D:\Scratch[/quote] Removed from my old windows partition:
    UsrClass.dat from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
    and files from C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches\ and D:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches

Could anyone help me? Any ideas?

:)

hyper10, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Mojo212 Win User

Black screen no cursor or login

My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same - black, power but nothing else. Any advice?

Mojo212, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Black screen with cursor before login screen

Black screen with cursor after login

Hi Sarthak,

We'd like to verify some information to help us sort out this issue.

• How often do you encounter this problem?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Since you've tried almost all workarounds to address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps and instructions provided on the link

Troubleshoot black screen problems
    . Let us know if you encounter any issues so we can assist you further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Black screen with cursor before login screen

1. Black screen with cursor before login screen - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor before login: I start my personal computer as soon as it shows up the logo of windows the appears black screen with cursor. I try a lot ways to solve it but nothing. With CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC but nothing. I also try start up in safe mode but black screen with cursor also...
  3. Black infinite loading screen with cursor loading symbol before an intended login screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black infinite loading screen with cursor loading symbol before an intended login screen...: Note: tried to do what someone recommended in previous posts on command prompt but nothing came of it Basically I started getting this problem two days ago. Every time I started up my pc, it would boot normally until it a black screen with an infinite loading cursor symbol...
  4. Black screen no cursor or login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor or login: My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same -...
  5. Black Screen + Cursor at Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen + Cursor at Login: Greetings all, I had a critical update take place today and when I login now I get a black screen with only a cursor on my main PC. I am unable to revert using the usual options available (system restore, startup repair, etc.) as all are failing. Has anyone else got nuked...
  6. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  7. Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I started my computer, a disk check was started. After a long time of being stuck at 10%, I force booted the computer off. Now,...
  8. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...
  9. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...
  10. Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen -before- login screen problem.: I upgraded a desktop computer from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 and there seems to be an annoying black screen issue which happens before the login screen. After the Windows loading logo, the screen stays black for about 60-80 seconds (and all I can see is the mouse...