Windows 10: Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

Discus and support Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarlitosVidal, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up the system, it either always gives a black screen with circling dots or a black screen where I can move my mouse cursor around. I can go into BIOS without a problem and recovery mode as well, I don’t know what the issue is.

:)

CarlitosVidal, Mar 23, 2020

2. white circling dots on blue and black screen

When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence -

computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then

black screen with white circling dots, then

blue screen same and please wait, then

login, then

login screen, white circling dots and welcome.

All this before she boots up (which she has done every time so far)

This weird process can take upto a few minutes and I have never had this before a few months ago.

My laptop is about 3 years old, win 10 came preinstalled on it. There is plenty space on it.

I have checked booting order, mouse, antivirus for malware, etc. updates, start up items and nothing seems to be causing this happening.

I have noticed my mouse can be a little irattic at times and programmes open a bit slow.

Any help would be much appreciated befor I resort to getting it looked at.

L Byrne

LINDAAMARSDEN BYRNE, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Black Screen with circling Dots

I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the
    last 6 hours or so. I pushed the stop button and restarted the PC. Windows logo came up but then went to black screen with the circling dots. Can someone help?

FarfordFarford, Mar 23, 2020
  4. LindaS81 Win User

Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

Windows 10 Black Screen Cursor Spinning Blue Circle

Read other suggestions but to no avail. What I have done so far. Ran Dell repair and recovery and clicked restart. Got Dell screen white circle dots and then went back to black screen white cursor and blue spinning circle. Frozen in that state. Cannot get
    passed with any of the keys to Task Manager, etc. Is it time for a professional?

Dell 15z

Windows 10 failure occurred Jan 27 2016 maybe after a critical update

LindaS81, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

1. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after... - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  3. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  4. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  5. Black Screen with cursor and blue circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor and blue circle: HI A couple of days ago, my pc stopped working correctly and now only boots to a black screen with a cursor and blue circle. I am unable to login and any attempt to get to the boot screen or other results in no change. I have used the Windows P keys and can change the...
  6. Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Infinite dots into black screen with cursor: I updated my windows last night after reinstalling windows a few days before. When I turned it on this morning, it was this. I dont have a recovery point, booting into safe mode either takes more than an hour or doesnt work, I cant CTRL ALT DEL on screen with cursor, when I...
  7. Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.: After showing the asrock logo, it changes to the black screen with the spinning circle. It does this for a few minutes and then finally loads into windows. I recently upgraded my PC with an m.2 ssd, changed the RAM, upgraded CPU from Intel to AMD. I configured the PC to boot...
  8. white circling dots on blue and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white circling dots on blue and black screen: When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence - computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then black screen with white circling dots, then blue screen same and please wait, then login, then login screen, white circling dots and welcome....
  9. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spots on display when booting up