Windows 10: Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

Discus and support Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So two days ago after my laptop went to sleep and I woke it up again, all there was is a black screen with a cursor. I turned it off and on again, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RyanFoncette1, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

So two days ago after my laptop went to sleep and I woke it up again, all there was is a black screen with a cursor. I turned it off and on again, but still the same result. Everything seems to work fine under the black screen, I can log in properly, and still hover over icons and button, but everything is hidden under a black screen.We have tried everything we could find.-Ctrl Alt Del seems to work, but I can't see any windows as again, everything is concealed under the black screen- We tried Safe Mode, but still the same black screen and cursor-We tried a system repair, but it didn't work, s

:)

RyanFoncette1, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

black screen with cursor

We would like to know more about your concern. Have you checked if you update your Windows 10 already? If not, we recommend to update your Windows 10 computer to see if it will make a progress and eliminate issues with it. Sleep mode settings could also
    be a possible root cause since you said that it turns into black screen after leaving the computer open. Please try to check the screen settings by performing the following steps:

• On your Computer, open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & Sleep.
    • Under Screen, set it to Never.

We suggest to perform this to other device you are having the same problem so that we could check if this will make the fix.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Nov 30, 2021
  3. FreeBooter, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Olivia_hh Win User

Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

windows 10 black screen after update and after leaving PC to sleep?

I've tried the steps you suggested but they don't seem to work. The black screen I'm facing is only when i try to shut down or leave my PC to sleep and its completely unresponsive no cursor or anything. I've tried things others have suggested but they don't
    seem to work, Is there anything else?

Thanks for your help so far!

Olivia_hh, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

1. Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode: Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check...
  3. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode: Hello everyone, I was just enjoying life playing some valorant. After that I went to go eat and after some time, I came back to check on my pc. I returned after 30 minutes and I was watching a video on my phone, I heard a disconnecting sound from my pc, so I had to go check...
  4. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  6. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  7. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep: So two days ago after my laptop went to sleep and I woke it up again, all there was is a black screen with a cursor. I turned it off and on again, but still the same result. Everything seems to work fine under the black screen, I can log in properly, and still hover over...
  9. Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor concealing the GUI after sleep: So two days ago after my laptop went to sleep and I woke it up again, all there was is a black screen with a cursor. I turned it off and on again, but still the same result. Everything seems to work fine under the black screen, I can log in properly, and still hover over...
  10. black screen with cursor and no GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen with cursor and no GUI: Hello all, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was playing a game on my desktop the other day and something happened, it froze and then stuttered and then crashed my pc. When I turned my pc on and every time I turn it on now it goes to the login page as normal and I can see...