Windows 10: black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked)

Discus and support black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i had a black screen with cursor since yesterday i have tried every single tip on Microsoft support and internet but it still black "alt ctrl del"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bas-sel, Oct 13, 2018.

1. bas-sel Win User

black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked)

i had a black screen with cursor since yesterday i have tried every single tip on Microsoft support and internet but it still black

"alt ctrl del" does nothing

:)

bas-sel, Oct 13, 2018
  2. RG_4083 Win User

Black screen with cursor on screen after few days from upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Issue with black screen with cursor after win7 upgraded to win10

Post upgrade from win7 to win10 it worked fine for few days but recently I am facing a problem with black screen appearing after entering the password, only cursor is visible. I did below steps suggested on Internet

1. hit ctrl+Alt+del

2. start a new task from task manager

3. Hit explorer.exe

However this fails saying a feature for windows 10 need to be installed call NTVDM. It tries to install and fails with error . Can somebody suggest me a solution to this?

RG_4083, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Oct 13, 2018
  4. NevRon Win User

Black screen with cursor

Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month.
    After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3
    shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other
    drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time auto fix did not
    fix. Advanced to system restore. Worked once. I was on a special project,
    feared same problem, so I left computer on for 2 weeks, no problem. Then
    was forced to restart with update. (BTW -sorry didn't mention *SadI GET THE SIGN ON
    SCREEN EACH TIME , AND ENTER PASSWORD)
    then black screen - and now no fixes
    work, no restore points. Current status - active cursor, notifications and windows pop up
    over a black screen, addressing second monitor with blind keystrokes on and
    off works (evidenced by cursor), task manager opens (ctrl alt del) and
    seems fully functional. Lots of functions in task manager show stopped.
    Seems like desktop is there but screen is black. Any possible fix through
    task manager or by keystrokes?? tried all fixes found here. Help!!

NevRon, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. black screen with cursor (i tried every solution on internet but no one worked) - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Another solution for black screen win 11 with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another solution for black screen win 11 with cursor: Sometimes Win11 is hanging in an unfinished update. All solutions incl shift reboot with safemode etc didn't work for me.Shift-hold shutdown and then restart did work.This forces a deep shutdown, where every form of quick start even when not selected in energy settings is...
  3. Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works: I keep getting a black screen with cursor when I login to my computer I have tried force reset multiple time and I still does not work please help...
  4. Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works: I keep getting a black screen with cursor when I login to my computer I have tried force reset multiple time and I still does not work please help...
  5. Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.: So I was visiting another town for a year for school, and I had my gaming laptop I had just got new headphones and they worked great. When I got back home to my PC though my headphones wouldn't work. Me and my father spent almost 3 hour trying to fix this issue. My drivers...
  6. Black screen with cursor, nothing works.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor, nothing works.: Don't know if this is the right sub to ask for help, but well, when I log in, my desktop doesn't load. Only my mouse is there. I'm on a Asus Ultrabook S46C. Task manager doesn't open in any way. FN + Esc + Power also don't work. I have Process Lasso installed, and he do...
  7. I have tried almost every solution on the internet. I have tried resetting the store, used...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have tried almost every solution on the internet. I have tried resetting the store, used...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SawfalKarkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6x27z/i_have_tried_almost_every_solution_on_the/
  8. Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found): ***moved on english forum*** Hello, I post my question here after 2 months of research and attempts to fix the issue. Let me first explain in details the problem I'm facing : I have got the computer on which I'm facing the issue recently, at the end of August. Very...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...