Windows 10: BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kumarrahulg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. kumarrahulg Win User

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

DEAR TEAM,

WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD.

SHAME ON WINDOWS

THANKS

:)

kumarrahulg, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Karthicka_R Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Melchizedek Qui Win User

Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - BLACK SCREEN CURSOR

2. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor at startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black screen with cursor at startup.: Hello, When I turn on my desktop, Windows 10 Pro starts cleanly. I wait for the login screen, but the screen turns black, an arrow appears but nothing else happens ... ! What could be the problem and what can I do to solve it ? Thanks in advance for your reply : to L:...
  3. Black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, no cursor: So last night my laptop froze up and i was forced to hard restart it but when it logged back in the screen was completely black except for the cursor. Since restarting a few times now if i wait about ten minutes the screen will load the default windows 10 background plus...
  4. Black screen with cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor on windows 10: I recently updated my pc on the latest version of windows 10. After a week, I opened my pc, it showed black screen just after the loading screen. The mouse pointer vanishes within 2 seconds it comes back up ii i shaked the mouce. I tried everything on the net checked my...
  5. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  6. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: So I've had this problem for two days now, and I'm really getting annoyed by it.I got a black screen with a cursor when I logged out (Win+L) of my computer. I've tried restoring my computer, and that fixes it, but the problem comes back when i turn it off. I've now...
  8. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...
  10. Windows 10 black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor only: I've seen similar problems but I haven't found any solution yet. After I bootup my desktop shows then after a few minutes it turns into a black screen with cursor only. Ctrl+alt+delete is working and I managed to get into file explorer by "open file location" in task...