Windows 10: Black screen with cursor issue

Discus and support Black screen with cursor issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, today I was trying to boot up my computer to do some work only to find it stop at a black screen before the log in. The cursor is there and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditIsNSA, May 5, 2020.

1. Black screen with cursor issue

Hello all, today I was trying to boot up my computer to do some work only to find it stop at a black screen before the log in. The cursor is there and you can move it around.

1. I have went through a lot of different methods of fixing this and nothing seems to work.
    2. Booting up in safe mode gives the same issue.
    3. Can’t open task manager through any shortcuts.
    4. Tried the windows+p command to see if that will work as it has for some people, and that also didn’t work.
    5. Using the command prompt also didn’t yield any results. Tried creating a new user and giving it administrator privileges but for some reason the commands didn’t work. Also tried does the sfc scan and that didn’t work. For some reason a lot of the commands just don’t work properly for me in command prompt.
    6. Automatic startup repair didn’t help.
    7. Tried loading my windows to an earlier version, same issue.
    8. Tried resetting my computer fully but chose the option to keep the files, only for that to not work as well. It gets to 100% and then says undoing changes and spits me back out into the boot menu.

What else is there to try? I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve been trying to fix this for the last 5 hours and nothing has come out of it except stress and frustration.

submitted by /u/RedditIsNSA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditIsNSA, May 5, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2020
  3. Black Screen with Cursor during sign in

Hello Patrick,

We understand that you are facing issue with Black screen with cursor during sign-in in your system. Let us assist you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app. We suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps to resolve the problem:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 23, 2020
  4. Black screen with cursor issue

Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with cursor issue

1. Black screen with cursor issue - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Black screen with a cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a cursor: When I turn on my pc Windows 10 all I see is a black screen but I can see the cursor and I cant open task manager and can’t start it using safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-cursor/31c6ac8e-7e78-4b45-99dc-6f9d4422757d
  5. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor: My computer won't start up. It gets past the Acer screen, then it goes to a black screen where I can only see the cursor. I think this started after the most recent Windows 10 update. I go into Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options, but nothing works there. I've tried...
  6. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor: I have installed windows 10 and after login there's only black screen with a cursor. I haven't installed any apps on it and I have no idea what could've caused it. I have tried various fixes but none work. I can open task manager. When I try to run explorer task it appears...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...