Windows 10: Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

Discus and support Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I am stuck very badly, my system is not working at all, just shows black screen. things which i have tried already, i was able to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hitesh Jotaniya, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

Hi All,

I am stuck very badly, my system is not working at all, just shows black screen. things which i have tried already,

i was able to see advanced option only when i tried restarting system for 3 times in a row, as it went into automatic repair mode, after i saw the advanced options i tried following things but there is no luck, please help me.

A - System restore option - it is giving me an error and not allowing to restore the system.

B - Automatic repair - no response from this, there was no fixes out of this option

C - reset - windows reset option is also not working it's not allowing me to reset the windows with data or without data options

Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working bb854cb5-5b1d-40b9-8d88-6a0962f7bedc?upload=true.png

C - then i tried restarting in safe mode, i tried few options within safe mode such as

F4, F5 and F7 as mentioned in the screenshot however - still i see black screen with cursor not able to get into safe mode too

Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working ee90f47c-bca6-4004-a5c1-8be6f9779e6c?upload=true.png

then i used command prompt option within advance option page and through command prompt i was able to transfer my data to external hard drive. i am good with data back up right now but system is not working.

can someone please guide me here what needs to be done next what can be done through command prompt as safe mode and other options mentioned above are not working for me. can anyone guide

:)

hitesh Jotaniya, Mar 26, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 26, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

1. Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  3. Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  5. Cursor only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor only in safe mode: Hello, I've been having problems with my GPU driver. Whenever I download a new GPU driver my PC crashes and doesn't work correctly. The only thing that helps me with this is uninstalling the new driver and installing a stable older one. For that, I need to load safe mode. At...
  6. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  7. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  8. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635
  9. Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get out of Command Prompt Safe Mode: Every time I would try to reset my PC it would send me to safe mode so I went to Troubleshooting and then Command Prompt. I did not have an admin account on this PC so now I am stuck on a page that says, "You need to sign in as an administator to continue, but there are't any...
  10. Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen in Safe Mode only!: I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go...