Windows 10: Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update

Discus and support Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im not sure whats going on with my computer but all i see is a black screen with a cursor. It wnt start up and show the usual things. I looked on you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cubanitaliz5150, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update

Im not sure whats going on with my computer but all i see is a black screen with a cursor. It wnt start up and show the usual things. I looked on you tube and none of the solutions they offer work. Can anyone help me please?

:)

cubanitaliz5150, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Mar 27, 2021
  4. NevRon Win User

Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update

Black screen with cursor

Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month.
    After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3
    shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other
    drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time auto fix did not
    fix. Advanced to system restore. Worked once. I was on a special project,
    feared same problem, so I left computer on for 2 weeks, no problem. Then
    was forced to restart with update. (BTW -sorry didn't mention *SadI GET THE SIGN ON
    SCREEN EACH TIME , AND ENTER PASSWORD)
    then black screen - and now no fixes
    work, no restore points. Current status - active cursor, notifications and windows pop up
    over a black screen, addressing second monitor with blind keystrokes on and
    off works (evidenced by cursor), task manager opens (ctrl alt del) and
    seems fully functional. Lots of functions in task manager show stopped.
    Seems like desktop is there but screen is black. Any possible fix through
    task manager or by keystrokes?? tried all fixes found here. Help!!

NevRon, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update

1. Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  3. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  4. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after last updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after last updates: Good Evening, I have a HP laptop purchased in 2017 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. I ran the most recent updates. My laptop now has a black screen. I can hear the laptop fan and components starting up. I did several hard shutdowns, and the reboot still had a black...
  6. Black screen after signing in (happened after the last update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing in (happened after the last update): I can't see the desktop anymore when I sign in, just a black screen. I can still open task manager though. Restarting computer won't help. Anyone else experiencing this? What to do? submitted by /u/Trekapalooza [link] [comments]...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  8. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  9. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can see only black screen and cursor after updating: After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status didn't changed for about 2 hrs and so I forcefully turned it off. When I restarted ,I was able to see only black screen with...
  10. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632