Windows 10: Black screen with cursor upon login

Discus and support Black screen with cursor upon login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 I seem to have a proplem with the OS that happend after I turned my cpu on and off yesterday that once i have logged in the desktop is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shentypie, May 10, 2019.

1. Shentypie Win User

Black screen with cursor upon login

Windows 10 I seem to have a proplem with the OS that happend after I turned my cpu on and off yesterday that once i have logged in the desktop is a black screen with only the cursor visible and able to move no startbar or apps only the task manger boots up after 20/30 minutes of waiting if i press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC i have tried booting in safe mode (same problem) rollback to last update (dosent work) reset the pc but keep files (failed no changes made) and i have also tried a Restor point (none to restore from) the last thing i did on my computer was use Powershell to try and fix a issue with the Photos app. Any help is very much welcome thanks i am also quite the novice when it comes to PCs so pls forgive thanks again -Alfie

:)

Shentypie, May 10, 2019
  2. Mojo212 Win User

Black screen no cursor or login

My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same - black, power but nothing else. Any advice?

Mojo212, May 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, May 10, 2019
  4. Black screen with cursor upon login

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Black screen with cursor upon login

1. Black screen with cursor upon login - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen and cursor upon login after driver repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and cursor upon login after driver repair: Hello. I started having an issue today that has rendered my desktop unusable. Earlier today, I had a windows notification pop up telling me to do a driver repair (it had a white X in a red circle symbol). I let it shut down and run, and when I came back, the issue had...
  3. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after login: When I logged in to my windows 10, I saw a black screen with movable cursor so I tried a lots of fixes but it didn't work for me. At last I tried to restart my graphics driver by pressing windows key ± Ctrl + shift +B , it started working normally but when I shutdowned my PC...
  4. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  5. Black screen and cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  6. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...
  7. Black screen with cursor after login?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  8. Black Screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with cursor after login: Good day, I really hope someone could guide me to a solution. I have a fairly new Dell G5, with a SSD running the OS (Win 10 home), and important apps. Everytime I restart, or shut down or any form of normal boot up, the Notebook starts quickly, up to the login screen. After...
  9. Black screen no cursor or login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor or login: My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same -...
  10. Black Screen + Cursor at Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen + Cursor at Login: Greetings all, I had a critical update take place today and when I login now I get a black screen with only a cursor on my main PC. I am unable to revert using the usual options available (system restore, startup repair, etc.) as all are failing. Has anyone else got nuked...