Windows 10: Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

Discus and support Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been operating my PC from Task Manager after upgrading to Windows 11 for weeks. After I enter my pass code to login from the opening login /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wile Coyote1, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

I have been operating my PC from Task Manager after upgrading to Windows 11 for weeks. After I enter my pass code to login from the opening login / picture screen, I get a black screen with a cursor. I have installed a new video card, updated all my drivers, run every sfc & dism command I could find, reinstalled Windows 11 2 X and nothing will enable explorer.exe to run. None of the advanced options in troubleshooting diagnose or fix the problem.I do not want to do a wipe & clean install because I can't afford to lose my installed programs and settings. It really stinks having to

:)

Wile Coyote1, Jul 11, 2022

2. Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor

I have a Dell Vostro 5481. After upgrading to Windows 11 it hangs on a black screen with a cursor for about an hour and fifteen minutes before displaying the login screen. This does not happen in safe mode.

I have tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling the graphics driver, resetting the machine, doing a clean install of Windows 11 and nothing seems to resolve this issue.

I'm at my wits end with this machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ian Szejko, Jul 11, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 11, 2022
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 11, 2022
Thema:

Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

1. Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Black screen with cursor in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor in windows 11: So yesterday i was playing with my computer and today i woke up and i wanted to play and unlocked windows and i saw its only showing a black screen with cursor. None of my apps will work. I can only open task manager with Ctr - Alt - Del. I watched yt and none of them worked....
  3. Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor: I just updated my windows 11 PC and it told me to restart. I restarted and the manufacturers logo comes up and the windows 11 loading. After a few seconds the screen goes black but it's still on and I see my cursor only. The cursor sometimes switches to the loading one.I've...
  4. Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor: I just updated my windows 11 PC and it told me to restart. I restarted and the manufacturers logo comes up and the windows 11 loading. After a few seconds the screen goes black but it's still on and I see my cursor only. The cursor sometimes switches to the loading one.I've...
  5. Windows 11 Black screen cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black screen cursor: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2 in 1. I tried updating to windows 11 after the pc telling me it was available for my pc and also running the windows health check just to make sure my laptop was compatible, intially it worked after the update untill the first time i shut it...
  6. Windows 11 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen with cursor: Whenever I start my pc, it goes through the normal login process and the screen just turns black with a cursor.I have tried multiple tutorials on YouTube figured this could help. The last thing I did was install a update I tried the trouble shoot to uninstall update in...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11

Black Screen With Cursor Windows 11: I have been operating my PC from Task Manager after upgrading to Windows 11 for weeks. After I enter my pass code to login from the opening login / picture screen, I get a black screen with a cursor. I have installed a new video card, updated all my drivers, run every sfc &...
  8. Windows 11 black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black screen with no cursor: Hello, I am having a issue where my screen is black with no cursor my mouse is not lighting on but my keyboard is there is no sense of life with the screen the pc turns on tho and has life there is no windows logo, my monitor turns on but is not getting any response so it is...
  9. Black Screen with cursor in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with cursor in windows 11: Hello please help me my computer always shows black screen after it updates or shut downsI restart it but it doesn't work but if I wait for like 1 hour without restarting or shut downing then it just comes back and works regularly.I tried restarting windows explorer and then...
  10. Black Screen with cursor in windows 11

Black Screen with cursor in windows 11: Hello please help me my computer always shows black screen after it updates or shut downsI restart it but it doesn't work but if I wait for like 1 hour without restarting or shut downing then it just comes back and works regularly.I tried restarting windows explorer and then...