Windows 10: Black screen with cursor

Discus and support Black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xtrips, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Xtrips Win User

Black screen with cursor

My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared.
    I tried every thing but nothing helped.
    I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair, etc... Nothing.
    After it reboots I noticed that if I type my password blindly the HDD LED starts to blink wildly as in loading my start up programs etc....
    But nothing else happens when I try Ctrl-alt-del or win-r and type explorer.exe or whatever I can think of.
    I also noticed that as of this last 24hours this issue has been raised several times on several forums.

Any idea?

:)

Xtrips, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 install issue - computer no longer turns on

It's been 36 hours and on a black screen with moving cursor. It should not be taking this long. Computer goes into hibernation and when I press the power button still black screen with cursor. Suggestions?

sailbeachcatz177, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Computer boots into black screen with cursor

*Original Title: black screen and cursor

Lenovo

update and shut down, next day turned on, manufacturers logo straight to black screen and cursor...need my computer immediately

help

fernando caiella, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Lydart Win User

Black screen with cursor

Win 10 said upgrade was available so I said yes and I've had the same problems. Removed HD and it is completly fried. Thanks Microsoft!!!!

Lydart, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Xtrips Win User
    I solved my problem actually.
    I forced my laptop to go into Troubleshooting mode by pressing many buttons at once while booting up.
    Then I chose Safe Mode and found out that my display drivers were rolled back to a much older version.
    So I deleted them.
    When my laptop finished booting up I simply had to let Windows reinstall the latest drivers available and everything was ok.
    Then I looked at the installation history and other software I suspected and found out that it was actually Sony Vaio software that were messing with my laptop and forcing back older software.
    Of course I deleted all the Sony software until they solve their mess and release an updated version adapted to Win10.

Xtrips, Jul 29, 2015
  6. drreflex Win User
    This fix worked for me.
    If you are at the black screen and cursor, then Microsoft says you may be at your boot signon screen but are unable to view the screen. The sign on is still there. So here is their fix:
    1. Push the control key. (This moves the focus to the password box)
    2. Enter your logon password and push <Enter>. (When I did this the cursor vanished.)
    NOW WAIT. It took my relatively fast Alien computer about 5 minutes to finish the set up and (SMILE) there was Windows 10.
    NOTE: If you have been pushing on the keyboard, you may need to reboot to get to a clean log on page to perform the above log on in the dark.
    GOOD LUCK.

drreflex, Jul 29, 2015
  7. TexasGail Win User
    I probably shouldn't have upgraded immediately to Windows 10, but I hated my 8.1 machine so much I did...plus I'm a technology junkie and LOVE new stuff (just not the problems that comes with it)

TexasGail, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Black screen with cursor

Leave it on overnight and see if that doesn't finish configuring/installing whatever it's doing. I had no option to hit ctrl+alt+delete, win key R/X, alt tab, and what not. Simply leaving it on was what worked for me, thought I lost a gaming project that I had been building on for two years!

Nefadozone, Aug 7, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Fried? Are sure that that was Windows 10's fault? Black screen with cursor :p

Thema:

Black screen with cursor

1. Black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Black screen with a cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a cursor: When I turn on my pc Windows 10 all I see is a black screen but I can see the cursor and I cant open task manager and can’t start it using safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-cursor/31c6ac8e-7e78-4b45-99dc-6f9d4422757d
  5. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor: My computer won't start up. It gets past the Acer screen, then it goes to a black screen where I can only see the cursor. I think this started after the most recent Windows 10 update. I go into Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options, but nothing works there. I've tried...
  6. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor: I have installed windows 10 and after login there's only black screen with a cursor. I haven't installed any apps on it and I have no idea what could've caused it. I have tried various fixes but none work. I can open task manager. When I try to run explorer task it appears...
  7. black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with cursor: hi so my laptop was running slow so I went to recovery and did a windows reinstall while keeping all my files booted it back up and logged on just fine restarted it and a black screen came up about thirty minutes later it loaded everything have been googling and trying all...
  8. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  10. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...