Windows 10: Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot.

Discus and support Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now I searched and found a long list of cures for the problem that none panned out to correct the problem. My system is listed so you can see what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Techymike, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Techymike Win User

Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot.

Now I searched and found a long list of cures for the problem that none panned out to correct the problem. My system is listed so you can see what it is. The problem apears to be unique to the MB and the 2504 BIOS falsh. No I have not reflashed to return to earlier BIOS dates, that is sort of a last resort as I don't want to chance losing the MB. Flashing the BIOS still scares the heck out of me and it might actually is what caused the problem as this is a fairly new set up. And clearly this has been a common problem among many people. It has been posted in the forum from years ago and why it's being reposted now as I was not able to find current posts on it so I appolagize if has been but I missed it. To add on it, I used the MSI 990FX Gaming MB that was used from the replacement for this ASUS MB and it does not have the same problem. The fresh install on the ASUS still showed the same results. Can't believe it's a windows issue or a SSHD, as I have a Firecuda that was disconnected and still with all the drives separated it still does this problem. For now I just put the PC to sleep so when it wakes up I don't have the reboot issue and actually that is OK. But it bugs me as to what the problem is! Memory has been tested one stick at a time with no cure. Tried the Logitech thing using USB devices and still the same issue. This from Nvidia CP might be of some help as it just doesn't appear normal. No I have not tried changing the video card or driver change as of yet. Thought it would be smarter to ask if anyone has seen this issue?

:)

Techymike, Aug 18, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 18, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot. - Similar Threads - Black screen cursur

2. Black screen with cursur

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen with cursur: Windows on Macbook Air Bootcamp has worked great for years. I signed into windows and screen came up black with cursor visible and not blinking. I can reboot to sign in screen and change the brightness on the display. Once I sign into windows black screen with cursor appears....
  3. Black screen with cursur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursur: Windows on Macbook Air Bootcamp has worked great for years. I signed into windows and screen came up black with cursor visible and not blinking. I can reboot to sign in screen and change the brightness on the display. Once I sign into windows black screen with cursor appears....
  4. Black screen with cursur

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  6. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  7. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. black screen blinking dash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen blinking dash: hello everyone I recently install a brand new windows 10 pro on my desktop and before even the motherboard logo comes up there is this annoying black screen with a blinking dash on left top and it blinks for like 5-10 s and then the motherboard logo and windows, how can I...
  9. Black screen or initializing intel boot agent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen or initializing intel boot agent: So I went into the bios in my pc to try and turn on Viritualzation while I was there in the boot menu I turned the bios on all days of the week and set no time frame. When I went to restart to turn the days of the week off it just leaves it at initializing intel boot agent,...
  10. Black screen on initial boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on initial boot: Acer laptop running 10 Home fully updated. Turn the power on and the computer boots very quickly to a very dark black screen. I can just make out the desktop but not clearly enough to do anything. Power off then on again and it boots correctly but very slowly. Any ideas...