Windows 10: Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

Discus and support Black Screen With Frozen Cursor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AradRoy, Mar 7, 2020.

1. AradRoy Win User

Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It was stuck on a black screen with frozen cursor and keyboard didn't work. I had to restart my PC by long pressing the Power Button. On the 3rd day this same issue happened again. This time when I restarted using Power Button just before logging in it showed some update was Completed. Is this issue related with update? Would it be solved if I update as needed?

:)

AradRoy, Mar 7, 2020

2. Black screen with cursor but frozen

Hi,

A corruption or incomplete installation may be the possible reasons why you experience black screen during installation of the update.

I would suggest you to Please read the below mentioned article, It contains information of you concern.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

Black screen with cursor but frozen

Hello My friend has a 2 year old HP lap top shes not computer savy but I pretty much am. Her computer said it was repairing itself and she let it sit for hours to only end up with a black screen and cursor. The computer is frozen none of the keys work
    and shutting it off results in the same issue when turned back on. HP wanted a few hundred dollars for repair that she doesnt have nor does she have a recovery disc. I tried everything control alt delete, pushing the F2 button everything and cant seem to get
    anything. Anyone have a suggestion?

kimkarecky, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

1. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen Frozen

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Black screen with loading cursor frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with loading cursor frozen: Hi I was trying to make a game on roblox studio but all suddenly I got a Microsoft alert and it turned into a black screen with a blue loading cursor I tried my best to turn it off and looked up a bunch of ways on YouTube but still nothing is working it ended up turning off...
  5. Black screen with a cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a cursor: When I turn on my pc Windows 10 all I see is a black screen but I can see the cursor and I cant open task manager and can’t start it using safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-cursor/31c6ac8e-7e78-4b45-99dc-6f9d4422757d
  6. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  8. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  9. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...
  10. Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen Cursor: I run Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 on an eMachines netbook eM350. I had it running since the previous Build, but the cursor is now frozen, I don't know why. I then tried to re-install the previous OS, Windows 7 Starter. I got to the point of having to agree to...