Windows 10: Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account

Discus and support Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just reset my pc and all the stuff before was gone so I added a "other people" account that was my account I used before the reset. When I log in it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by #Chau, Apr 3, 2020.

1. #Chau Win User

Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account

I just reset my pc and all the stuff before was gone so I added a "other people" account that was my account I used before the reset. When I log in it it says to type in my microsoft password. After I do that it says stuff like getting things ready and just a tweak. After "just a tweak" the screen goes black and the mouse appears. I had to get the computer to sleep pressing the power off button and turn it back on. Then it appears the lock screen and if I click my other account it just repeats all the above but with no letters, just straight to the black screen. I make this "other account" instead of making it my primary because I already have files on this guest account and I don't want to lose it.

:)

#Chau, Apr 3, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 3, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account

Black Screen After log in on Admin account

Hi Celrose,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are facing black screen issues in Microsoft account(Admin account) and unable to open Settings app on other user account. Correct me if I am wrong.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly do you mean by: "here is an advanced system care widget on the upper right hand corner though"?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Are you referring to built-in administrator account on your device?

For the issues with Back screen errors on admin account, I suggest you to
    refer to the below post replied by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015, perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading
    to Windows 10

Section: Black screen
    after sign-inand you can see a mouse cursor

For the issues with accessing Settings app on your account:

Let us know what exactly happens when you try to access Settings app?

I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account

1. Black screen with mouse appears after logging in with another microsoft account - Similar Threads - Black screen mouse

2. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  3. Black screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after log in: I have read the post about the black screen after logging in but I cant get to anything to uninstall. I cant even get to internet until mcafee window runs. Not sure if this was an auto update that broke it ? I went to bed it worked next morning - logged in and i get black...
  4. Black screen after loading, with mouse disappearing and appearing..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after loading, with mouse disappearing and appearing..: Hello, so I just updated my laptop to Windows 11 the other day. The yesterday, I was doing schoolworks and I had to eat and left my laptop with no charger. I came back to see my laptop turned off so I assumed it locked cause it's low battery which it did. Charged it, and...
  5. Black screen after loading, with mouse disappearing and appearing..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after loading, with mouse disappearing and appearing..: Hello, so I just updated my laptop to Windows 11 the other day. The yesterday, I was doing schoolworks and I had to eat and left my laptop with no charger. I came back to see my laptop turned off so I assumed it locked cause it's low battery which it did. Charged it, and...
  6. Black Screen After Logging In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  7. Getting a black screen when logging in one account; normal when logging in another on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a black screen when logging in one account; normal when logging in another on the...: I have two local accounts on my laptop and when I log in on one of them I simply get a black screen. I am able to ctr-alt-del and switch to the other account where after waiting a while can switch back to the original normally (but has to be about a 5-10 minute wait) Is it...
  8. Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.: I have tried everything that appears on the web and nothing has worked. Alt delete control does not work. I read somewhere that uninstalling the screen driver would help and that it would automatically install the best option for my computer, but I didn't do it and now I...
  9. Black Screen after Log In

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen after Log In: My system has been working fine for a long time and after a power outage a couple of days ago, now when it boots up I get the normal log in screen but after I log in all I get is a black screen with the mouse showing. It did boot up normally right after the power came back on...
  10. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785