Windows 10: Black screen with mouse cursor before login

Discus and support Black screen with mouse cursor before login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issues fixing black screen with white cursor that has come up before log in screen when laptop was turning on this is a new laptop, 5 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdeleSemmler, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Black screen with mouse cursor before login

I am having issues fixing black screen with white cursor that has come up before log in screen when laptop was turning on this is a new laptop, 5 days old i have windows 10 that came with it.

No matter what combination I try I cannot get task manager to start.
    i have tried suggested fix by microsoft with windows button, ctrl,shift b + volume up & down 3 times within 2 secs. Among many other attempts, can someone please help?

:)

AdeleSemmler, Apr 12, 2020

2. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Black screen with mouse cursor before login [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next up is bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    And after doing diskpart , list disc

naturalbodz, Apr 12, 2020
  4. copiman Win User

Black screen with mouse cursor before login

Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

I have an HP Pavilion 17-1053us laptop. The issue is as follows:

Upon turning on it will get to the login screen. You see a full screen with login in box. Put in password and the boot starts. Then when you would expect the desktop to appear, I get a black screen with a mouse cursor. I get the same if I try safe mode. I can get to troubleshoot after interrupting boot a few times. I can also get to CTR ALT DELETE stuff. I did a restore point back to before this started and still have the issue. Tried a few things found googling but no go, so I came here to get suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve.

copiman, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with mouse cursor before login

1. Black screen with mouse cursor before login - Similar Threads - Black screen mouse

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  4. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hi ,When the computer boots up, before login there is a black screen with the cursor and it goes no further. I couldn't boot into safe mode due to a logonui.exe stack error. Other options explored such as resetting the PC did nothing.Thanks for reading, any ideas are greatly...
  6. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, I can't login to my laptop when i boot i end up with a black screen with cursor. I've tried everything from ctrl+alt+del and ctrl+shift+esc but nothing happened. Please help me, please...
  7. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  8. Black Screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor before login screen: Title. Every time I boot up my pc, it begins with the motherboard loading screen thing as normal and then into a black screen with only my cursor visible. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn’t do anything so I don’t know what else to try. Manually shutting down my pc by holding the power...
  9. Black screen and cursor before login

Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  10. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I can not see my mouse on the login screen