Windows 10: Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.

Discus and support Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I need some help, my computer is a Pavillion m7-1015dx Entertainment PC running Windows 10. I see the windows logo with a loading symbol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luke W., Dec 8, 2018.

1. Luke W. Win User

Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.

Hey guys, I need some help, my computer is a Pavillion m7-1015dx Entertainment PC running Windows 10. I see the windows logo with a loading symbol below it, then I see the welcome screen logging me in. Then I see a black screen, if I use the mouse I see the cursor but I can't do anything else. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del, sometimes it shows up, sometimes nothing happens, when it does I have the options of Lock, Switch user, Sign out, Change a password, or Task manager, on the bottom right I have Internet, Ease of access, and Power options available. I clicked task manager and I saw my Desktop Wallpaper and my task bar, but no applications. My mouse isn't in sight unless I move it down and it shows up on the task bar with no applications, it has the search bar, Windows button and time and date, my mouse is stuck as a spinning blue loading wheel as well. If I click on the search bar it goes back to the black screen with the mouse. If I restart the computer and hold F8, a bunch of beeping sounds play while I'm holding it and it welcomes me back to a black screen. Safe mode did come up earlier saying that there might be a problem and and I was able to get to the command prompt but I exited it and now I can't get back to safe mode. After I fail to launch safe mode I waited and the black screen went away, and my mouse is back on my wallpaper but still no applications.

:)

Luke W., Dec 8, 2018

2. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web. [​IMG]

Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web. [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next up is bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    And after doing diskpart , list disc

naturalbodz, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.

Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.

1. Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web. - Similar Threads - Black screen mouse

2. black screen with mouse cursor again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with mouse cursor again: so i did 2 threads on this issue on 2 different windows installsevery few days my windows freezes after opening waking up from sleep mode on w11after checking event viewer i saw that "netwtw10" was absolutely spamming event viewer with errorsi will actually check for the...
  3. black screen with mouse cursor again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen with mouse cursor again: so i did 2 threads on this issue on 2 different windows installsevery few days my windows freezes after opening waking up from sleep mode on w11after checking event viewer i saw that "netwtw10" was absolutely spamming event viewer with errorsi will actually check for the...
  4. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  5. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  6. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  8. Black screen with cursor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor issue: Hello all, today I was trying to boot up my computer to do some work only to find it stop at a black screen before the log in. The cursor is there and you can move it around. I have went through a lot of different methods of fixing this and nothing seems to work. Booting up...
  9. black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with mouse cursor: how can I fix black screen with mouse cursor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-mouse-cursor/1bf545a7-be98-4c0f-b9b5-d3432942393e
  10. A black screen with the mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    A black screen with the mouse cursor: I tried to press F8 frequently during the start up to enter the safe mode with cmd, but seems that windows ignores my pressings. i made a bootable flash drive and wrote a command to enter the safe mode. but when it enters the windows, i can hear that welcoming tone of the...