Windows 10: Black screen with on start up only after MS update

Discus and support Black screen with on start up only after MS update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop updated last night and now all i get is the black screen with the cursor. Ive tried all the troubleshooting tips listed already. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenDT84, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Black screen with on start up only after MS update

My desktop updated last night and now all i get is the black screen with the cursor.

Ive tried all the troubleshooting tips listed already. Nothing works.

:)

StevenDT84, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Black screen with on start up only after MS update

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Black screen with on start up only after MS update

1. Black screen with on start up only after MS update - Similar Threads - Black screen start

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  3. Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer black screen on start-up after not updating it: So there was an update that I choose not to because it was late, whenever I do this my laptop has a problem on start up. It will try to to the update, fail I assume… but it will freeze on a black screen before it gets to that process. It usually fixes after 4 restarts,...
  4. Flashing Black Screen after Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Black Screen after Start Up: For the past few weeks, I've encountered this issue pretty much every time I log in. Everything works normally until the desktop starts loading, then both screens start flashing black and the taskbar appears and disappears. I can access the Task Manager via the shortcut or...
  5. Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont start up and there will be only a black screen: After having problems with my video display driver I uninstall it. But I couldn't install a new driver in its place because they weren't compatible. Being the "smart" person I am, I restart my computer. Now I can only access advanced options and my screen is black each time...
  6. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  7. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  8. Black Screen on Start Up

Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  9. black screen on start up

black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...
  10. Won't start up only showing black screen

Won't start up only showing black screen: My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with a black screen whilst the power light is on and indicating a full charge. I have already disabled some start up programs...