Windows 10: Black Screen with sounds

Discus and support Black Screen with sounds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone Three days ago I started having some issues, my laptop will turn on but, after posting, nothing will appear in my screen. Just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JulianPalacios4, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Black Screen with sounds

Hello everyone

Three days ago I started having some issues, my laptop will turn on but, after posting, nothing will appear in my screen. Just the black screen with white light in the background indicating that the screen is on.

what i have done to remedy this issue is:

1. from the BIOS I performed a diagnostic of the whole system with positive results.

2. I have tried to start windows in safe mode and didn't work

3. I decided to do a clean install. My windows key only allowed me to do this and not to repair windows. This attempt was unsuccessful at the end because it didn't allow me to use a new partition to install windows.

4. I used my OEM software to start a clean installation. This process is successful and delivers a working computer.

5. Nevertheless, after some short amount of time, I am in the process of recovering my configuration and files and putting everything together, the computer comes back to the same state. black screen. I though that there may be some software issues.

6. The second time and repeated the recovery. I got the same results. i stopped windows updates as soon as I was able to and when to look for the latest BIOS update from my OEM update client. when the files were downloading i saw the black screen.

I must say that for the first and second time that i have performed the update, the black screen appear within minutes of the recovery.

7. For the third time, I didn't allow windows to connect to the internet. I went to disable automatic updates from the device manager but forgot to do it for windows. Then I connected the machine to the internet and when to my OEM client to update the BIOS. the process was done successfully. I restarted my computer on purpose to see if the machine will continue through the process. This step was successful as well. I left the computer idle for a minute while I thought my next step.

I saw then the first indication of what is going on. I saw three different cmd windows pop up and disappear very quickly, after that the screen goes black. Then i heard the sound that windows make when you plug in a new device. suffice to say, i didn't plug anything new. After this, I remembered that the same thing, the sound, played in the other two installations.

I am going to repeat the process for my next try. I am not going to connect to the internet until I disable automatic updates for drivers and windows update. Let´s see what happens next.

And now, my question. does anyone else has a similar issue? I have been looking through the forums and although i have found plenty of advice on fixing the black screen, most relate to hardware issues. I have performed several test and this does not seems to be the case for my device.

any idea of what is going on? any clues that the community can provide me to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated.

best

Julian

:)

JulianPalacios4, Jan 7, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 7, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen with sounds

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen with sounds

1. Black Screen with sounds - Similar Threads - Black Screen sounds

2. Screen going Black and Buzzing sound, Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen going Black and Buzzing sound, Screen Flickering: Recently I have started experiencing these problems with my laptop.My laptop : Dell Inspiron 15 3567 I was watching some videos on my VLC player 2 days ago and suddenly the screen went black with a short buzz sound. This had never happened before. The only thing that I have...
  3. Screen goes black with the sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black with the sound.: When playing a game the screen will randomly go black and can still hear the sound. It has happened while watching Netflix also. Only way to get the picture back is to shut down the computer. ive tried different bios versions. used ddu to reinstall the graphics drivers and...
  4. Random black screen with error sound

Random black screen with error sound: Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU. Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would...
  5. Random intermittent black screen with error sound

Random intermittent black screen with error sound: Specs: Aorus Z390 Master I9-9900k Aorus RTX 2080TI 11gb WB 16gb G.skill Trident ram Samsung evo 970 500gb m.2 ssd Corsair sf750w PSU. Recently encountered black screen problems randomly. Would have a days without a black screen incident and on the contrary, would...
  6. black screen for youtube & mp4s with sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black screen for youtube & mp4s with sound: I cant play youtube vidios or any mp4s. I just get a black screen and can hear the sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-for-youtube-mp4s-with-sound/8938bddd-41fd-422a-b279-398b7f626a48
  7. Black screen and screetching sounds

Black screen and screetching sounds: a few days, playing witcher 3, I had the following problem: I had a sound as if a CD was scratched, and then my monitor hung up. but I kept hearing the sound of the game, and the mouse continued with the led leds, and the keyboard as well. I rebooted the computer, and it...
  8. Random black screen, no cursor or sound

Random black screen, no cursor or sound: Hi! I recently installed new hardware; Asus ROG x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 5 2600 and G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory. I have updated to latest Windows 10, I have home edition, latest BIOS, latest driver for my GPU, GTX770. My problem is that at completely random times it all goes...
  9. BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop

BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop: Hello, builded 2 weeks ago my PC but having problems of BSOD or Black Screen with Sound Loop (no signal). OS: Win 10 pro x64 CPU: i5 6500 3.2ghz MOBO: Asus H170m-PLUS RAM: Corsair 1x8GB DDR4 2133MHz (before 2x4) GPU: Sapphire r9 380 4gb NITRO SSD: Samsung 850 EVO...
  10. Black screen but sound, no dump files

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen but sound, no dump files: Hello, My problem is that after I start to play any game, 10-15 mins pass and I have a black screen. There is sound, but the keyboard/mouse won't react, so I have to reset the PC - therefore there is no dump file. I really don't know what to do. Is there a software that...