Windows 10: Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING

Discus and support Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows after having some troubles with it. Now that I've finally logged into the administrator account, all I get is a black desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hg3990, Apr 14, 2019.

1. hg3990 Win User

Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING

I reinstalled Windows after having some troubles with it. Now that I've finally logged into the administrator account, all I get is a black desktop with a cursor and a taskbar with the Start Menu, Search, and Clock. Clicking the Start Button does absolutely nothing. The only thing I've found that does anything is the Run command (Windows+R) and Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

I cannot get into any of my files or folders and restarting just brings me to the same useless screen. What do I do?

:)

hg3990, Apr 14, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING - Similar Threads - Black Screen Taskbar

2. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  3. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot do anything to fix a black screen: Hello! I’ve run into a dead end with an issue and I was hoping someone could help me out. When I log into windows, there is nothing but a black screen and a cursor. I looked up solutions but so far none have worked. I can’t open task manager from here, so I can’t delete the...
  4. I cannot do anything to fix a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot open anything in hotbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open anything in hotbar.: Error popped up when I started my computer today saying "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsfot.549921C3F5F10_3.2111.12605.0_x64_...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe Not implemented"I cannot press start, open my settings, change my internet, adjust sound without right clicking the...
  6. cannot open anything in hotbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open anything in hotbar.: Error popped up when I started my computer today saying "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsfot.549921C3F5F10_3.2111.12605.0_x64_...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe Not implemented"I cannot press start, open my settings, change my internet, adjust sound without right clicking the...
  7. Cannot open anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open anything: I recently purchased my laptop. It was working fine until yesterday. Suddenly, the taskbar got freeze. I couldn't open start button, WiFi, search bar. Then i googled it and found many users had faced this problem. So I searched how to fix this on YouTube but nothing worked....
  8. Cannot press anything on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot press anything on taskbar: I cannot click anything on taskbar, maybe due to resolution issue. I am using laptop NT800G5M-X78S, with external monitor. Usually when I plugged my external monitor in, my OS do not know which window I am pointing, making I cannot click anything. It is not a mouse...
  9. Cannot press anything on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot press anything on taskbar: I cannot click anything on taskbar, maybe due to resolution issue. I am using laptop NT800G5M-X78S, with external monitor. Usually when I plugged my external monitor in, my OS do not know which window I am pointing, making I cannot click anything. It is not a mouse...
  10. Cannot open anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open anything: Start up and log in were normal and desktop loaded but there is nothing on my task bar except for start menu and Cortana but when I hover over the task bar I just get a loading symbol. Nothing seems to be responding. I've tried opening task manager and nothing. 52826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BLACK SCREEN WITH TASK BAR

2. windows 10 black screen with taskbar

3. taskbar and screen black