Windows 10: Black screen with underscore after blue screen?

Discus and support Black screen with underscore after blue screen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hiya, my windows 10 laptop, (Lenovo Ideapad 320) which is less than 2 years old, randomly for the second time on its own accord, has blue screened and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by -ivan-, Jul 28, 2019.

1. -ivan- Win User

Black screen with underscore after blue screen?

Hiya, my windows 10 laptop, (Lenovo Ideapad 320) which is less than 2 years old, randomly for the second time on its own accord, has blue screened and shut itself off before fixing itself. (It was stuck at 0%)

Now the computer is stuck on this screen, and refuses to turn on. This has happened once prior as well, and the computer refused to boot and stayed on this black screen for almost an entire month before, and then randomly began working again. I've not been able to find anything at all that works online. My laptop has been prone to blue screening quite frequently, the day I got it the pc had blue screened, but now its to a point of where it will lay dorment for months and not turn back on. So here is where I ask my question...How do I solve a problem such as this? and what could be causing it?

edit: There are no dots that at all appear on the screen upon start up. There is nothing but a dimly lit screen with the black underscore.

:)

-ivan-, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Blue Screen Errors, Black Screen After Restart

Hello Jonathan,

The Black screen error that you're experiencing might be caused by connection issues with your PC or display, while
    the Blue screen error can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors and blue screen errors. Choose when did you get the error, and follow the instructions provided. Here are the links:

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jul 28, 2019
  3. hermmie17 Win User
    Screen goes blue / black on start of atitool

i tried 0.26 and the new beta but its the same... if i start atitool the screen immidiately goes blue or black and i have to reboot... the computer doesnt really hang but the screen seems to be lost.
    any suggestions? i dont have any other programs running, i dont even want to OC my card i just want to have control over the fan speed, i have a x1800xt btw.

hermmie17, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Black screen with underscore after blue screen?

Black screen after updating to 1703

Hi,

A stop error can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we suggest that you refer to these articles:

The steps will be viewed once that you've selected the corresponding answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Black screen with underscore after blue screen?

1. Black screen with underscore after blue screen? - Similar Threads - Black screen underscore

2. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  3. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  4. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  6. Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore

Computer won't boot black screen, white underscore: My computer is no longer booting up, could you help me please?I was looking at a website on Firefox, and noted my computer seemed to be freezing up as I couldn't move the mouse cursor. I couldn't do a reset via normal means because everything was locked up, so I hard reset my...
  7. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  8. Black screen with underscore blinking

Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  9. Black screen with flashing underscore Windows 10

Black screen with flashing underscore Windows 10: I started having this problem a few days ago, during a windows update my PC restarted and when I tried to turn it back on I was met with a black screen with a blinking underscore on the top left of the screen. I tried to reboot in safe mode multiple times but I got the same...
  10. My screen turns black with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen turns black with blinking underscore: So i was going to play some games on my gaming windows 10 pro pc and when i turned it on there was a black screen with a blinking underscore please help...