Windows 10: Black screen with underscore blinking

Discus and support Black screen with underscore blinking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rawadabdalla, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Black screen with underscore blinking

I cant get access to fixboot command
    I just downloaded windows 10

:)

rawadabdalla, Jan 25, 2021

2. My screen turns black with blinking underscore

So i was going to play some games on my gaming windows 10 pro pc and when i turned it on there was a black screen with a blinking underscore please help

Bluebrainjuice, Jan 25, 2021
  3. skwiot12 Win User
    Windows 10 Black Screen Blinking Underscore

About a week ago, I went to use my PC that was on sleep mode. When it "woke up" it showed nothing but a black screen with a blinking underscore. I tried restarting the computer, when I did, I was able to access bios, but after, it would immediately go
    back to the black screen with the underscore. I tried reinstalling windows, but that would require a reboot to start windows normally to put media creation tool in. I tried the repair windows tool, but that didn't work either. I tried a rescue .iso file,
    but now instead of a blinking underscore, I get a message that system32/hal.dll is missing or corrupt. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Windows 10

core i3 sandy bridge processor

8gb ram

1tb hard drive

Radeon 7770 1gb graphics

Biostar Tz77 eX3 motherboard

skwiot12, Jan 25, 2021
  4. DSplayer Win User

Black screen with underscore blinking

Blinking underscore and black screen on boot.

I left my laptop to update overnight then I woke up the next day and turned on my laptop then when it booted it showed a blinking underscore and a black background. Please help quick!

DSplayer, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Black screen with underscore blinking

1. Black screen with underscore blinking - Similar Threads - Black screen underscore

2. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  3. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking underscore: I turned my computer on yesterday and it has been displaying a black screen with a blinking white underscore on the top left corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-blinking-underscore/3eb4447f-c7f4-4434-be5c-ee2d90def70d
  4. Black screen with a blinking underscore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  6. Blinking Underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking Underscore: So yesterday I unplugged everything from my PC externally to give it a clean. I finish up and I plug everything back in. Powering on the system, I see that there is a blinking underscore in the top-left corner of the screen. I’ve had this issue before and had been able to fix...
  7. My screen turns black with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen turns black with blinking underscore: So i was going to play some games on my gaming windows 10 pro pc and when i turned it on there was a black screen with a blinking underscore please help...
  8. Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner

Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner: Hi everyone, I was updating my computer, when my power went out unexpectedly. With that in mind, I decided to just leave my computer alone for the night. The next day, I started my pc and was greeted to the ever so lovely black screen with a blinking cursor. All I see is the...
  9. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with blinking underscore: So my pc stopped working on Monday I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure out how to fix it but haven't found anyone else that's having the same issue as me. Monday morning I booted up my pc and was got a black screen with a blinking underscore at the top left. I...