Windows 10: Black screen with VGA connection NVIDIA Geforce GTX745

Discus and support Black screen with VGA connection NVIDIA Geforce GTX745 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I struggled through a Win10 installation black screen issue on an Alienware tower (I connected to another monitor using an HDMI connection and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by happyavocado, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Black screen with VGA connection NVIDIA Geforce GTX745

Hi. I struggled through a Win10 installation black screen issue on an Alienware tower (I connected to another monitor using an HDMI connection and voila! There it was the login screen. Here's what I've done since:
    1) Updated to the most recent NVIDIA Geforce GTX745 drivers (353.62, released 7/29)
    2) Attempted to change the display selection through Display Properties, which ended up with black screen on HDMI too, and numerous attempts to enter Safe Mode (I cannot find a key combination that will work), until I took the advice to click Windows+P which I found elsewhere on this forum)
    3) Disabled Fast Startup (someone said it might work!)

I returned to the original monitor with the VGA connection - and my hopes were high! - but here I sit with a black screen again. I'd love to hook it up via HDMI but there is no HDMI port - this is not my PC (and not my installation, actually) and I was shocked to find no HDMI at all but a DisplayPort for which the owner has no cable or adapter. I'm kind of surprised that he was sold an Alienware tower with a Dell monitor without any good cabling, but I digress.

I guess my question is two-fold:
    1) why, if the VGA and HDMI are on the same card, will only the HDMI work, and is there an easy answer?
    2) should I encourage the owner of this PC to buy a DisplayPort adapter ($40) to save some aggravation? And as a part b to this question, would the performance of HDMI over VGA be an added benefit or would it even be noticeable?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

happyavocado, Aug 10, 2015

2. Mail app keeps closing on Windows 10

Yes. The card is a GeForce GTX745 and the driver version is 375.57

I can't see how to roll back to a previous version of the driver, but I have sent feedback to NVIDIA through the GEFORCE Experience screen that this driver is causing a problem, hopefully they will fix the problem and release an updated driver.

To confirm that the NVIDIA card is the problem I have moved the HDMI cable back and forth several times between the NVIDIA card and the Integrated Intel Graphics card and the problem always returns when the cable is in the NVIDIA card.

DoubleB416, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Dr_Dreder Win User
    I have 2 monitors. One works the other flashes

Hi, I have 2 monitors, a Samsung sync master 206bw, and a Dell s2340m. My computer is a Dell XPS 8700 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB DDR3 graphics card running Windows 10 home.

My Samsung is connected with a VGA cable and my Dell is connected with a DVI cable. When I boot up my desktop and turn on both of my monitors, the Samsung's screen is black and once every 5-10 seconds
    the screen flashes and shows my desktop image and the power light flashes, but my Dell monitor works just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dre

Dr_Dreder, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Black screen with VGA connection NVIDIA Geforce GTX745

1. Black screen with VGA connection NVIDIA Geforce GTX745 - Similar Threads - Black screen VGA

2. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.: I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved....
  3. NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver made screen go black.: I am running windows 11 and was given a notification that there was an NVIDIA driver update. I proceeded with the update and upon the installation finishing my screen went black and would not return to normal. I had to force shut down my computer and the issue was resolved....
  4. problem with installation of Nvidia geforce

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installation of Nvidia geforce: Hi,After updating to win 11, I can not install my Nvidia driver. I tried different versions and also tried to use the windows update, but nothing changed. Every time I got the message that "this version is not compatible with this device."This is my hardware...
  5. NVIDIA Geforce 920m

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Geforce 920m: Hi, I would like to change my PC's default graphics processor to Nvidia Geforce 920m, which is installed in my system, how do i do it? Thanking you, Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-920m/b894ea00-c76d-46a2-adff-89b1f746428e
  6. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX cant install iti download driver from HP drivers and nothing it gives me warning message in device manger[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-940mx/1f6bb690-54bc-4488-8071-ddc8bd9e53e0
  7. Nvidia geforce GT540M

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia geforce GT540M: I used to have problems with my graphic cards. I have 2 graphic cards one is Intel and the other is Nvidia. Then I went to a repair store and the guy said that my Nvidia graphic card was burned and then he replace with a new one. After my laptop repaired for a while I didn't...
  8. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  9. NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE

NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE: Win 10 says my NVIDIA: GeForce 6150 LE isn't acceptable and needs an update in order to work. How do I get an update? I'm not quite computer illiterate, but I can see it from where I'm standing. I can follow simple directions, usually. I've loaded W10 into three of our...
  10. Fresco Logic USB to VGA adapter disables nvidia GeForce Graphic card

Fresco Logic USB to VGA adapter disables nvidia GeForce Graphic card: Hi, I updated to windows 10 today and the first thing I noticed was the yellow exclamation mark on my main graphic card, i.e. nVidia Geforce 740m (the other graphic card is intel HD 4600) . After hours of struggling I found out that the problem is coming from Fresco...