Windows 10: black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

Discus and support black screen with white cursor when start up my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by amanuel mulatu, Nov 17, 2022.

1. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing happens.my pc - Windows 7 home basic, Sp 1, IntelR coreTM2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 3 GB RAM, 64-bit OS - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 video card - command prompt has stopped working - Regedit won't respond

:)

amanuel mulatu, Nov 17, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 17, 2022
  3. OoiCW Win User
    Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Let's replicate the issue.

You power on the PC >> Get the login screen >> You sign-in with password or PIN >> You then get the black screen with white cursor.

This has nothing to do with display drivers or issue with graphics itself. The Microsoft App service is causing this issue.

While we are at the black screen with white cursor, go ahead and press the keys - Ctrl+Alt+Del

>You will get a menu on screen where you have to select - Task Manager.

>Go to 'Services' tab on the Task Manager.

>Look for 'AppReadiness' service.

>Right click and stop it.

Performing above steps will remove the black screen and show your desktop. This means, the desktop was ready at the back-end. It was Microsoft service that was causing the black screen in the front.

Once you get your desktop back, follow the below steps to stop the 'AppReadiness' completely.

>Click on Start and type 'Services'

>Look for 'AppReadiness' under the list.

>Right click and select 'Properties'

>Startup type should be set to 'Disabled'

>Set the 'Service Status' to Stopped.

Stopping this service will not affect your data.

try oledi, no luck....the "AppReadiness" status is oledi "STOP".....

OoiCW, Nov 17, 2022
  4. ShameemP Win User

black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Let's replicate the issue.

You power on the PC >> Get the login screen >> You sign-in with password or PIN >> You then get the black screen with white cursor.

This has nothing to do with display drivers or issue with graphics itself. The Microsoft App service is causing this issue.

While we are at the black screen with white cursor, go ahead and press the keys - Ctrl+Alt+Del

>You will get a menu on screen where you have to select - Task Manager.

>Go to 'Services' tab on the Task Manager.

>Look for 'AppReadiness' service.

>Right click and stop it.

Performing above steps will remove the black screen and show your desktop. This means, the desktop was ready at the back-end. It was Microsoft service that was causing the black screen in the front.

Once you get your desktop back, follow the below steps to stop the 'AppReadiness' completely.

>Click on Start and type 'Services'

>Look for 'AppReadiness' under the list.

>Right click and select 'Properties'

>Startup type should be set to 'Disabled'

>Set the 'Service Status' to Stopped.

Stopping this service will not affect your data.

ShameemP, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

1. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc - Similar Threads - black screen white

2. black screen with white cursor when start up my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen with white cursor when start up my pc: My laptop got a black screen with a white cursor when I start it up, I fix it by adding the explorer.exe task in the task manager but it does not resolve permanently. I tried to fix it by SFC scan but it doesn't work. I tried to start it in safe mode, but the same thing...
  3. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  4. Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and cursor when starting laptop.: When I turn on my laptop, after my laptops company logo shows, it goes to a black screen with a cursor and I can move the cursor around, but I can't do anything else. I've tried ctrl+alt+del and a few others nothing works....
  5. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  6. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  7. Black screen when PC starts up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when PC starts up: My pc has a black screen whenever it starts up, there's a cursor and you can access task manager and stuff but nothing works. the black screen disappears after a while, is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/_Oopsitsdeleted_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Black screen with Cursor after start up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with Cursor after start up?: Has anyone else had issues after this last update where your computer starts up with a black screen with your cursor still available? I can't start safe mode for whatever reason and I cannot use the fix with ctr alt and dlt. I've tried everything else but nothing works....
  9. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  10. Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor: Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help. Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem. Let me introduce you to my issue. I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer. Starting with, the...