Windows 10: black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

Discus and support black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! this morning I turned on my pc as usual, but after briefly seeing the HP logo for about half a second, the screen goes black, and a white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bogdanpavlyuk, Dec 16, 2020.

1. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

Hello!

this morning I turned on my pc as usual, but after briefly seeing the HP logo for about half a second, the screen goes black, and a white underscore begins to flash in the top left corner. I tried turning it off and unplugging it, and then restarting, but it does nothing. if I turn it off by pressing the power off button, it makes a short beep sound.

I am using an HP envy recline 23 touchsmart all in one desktop pc, which has been recently returned to me from repairs after the HP logo and the spinning circles didn't disappear at all.

if needed, visit this website: https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c04053535 for full device specifications.

:)

bogdanpavlyuk, Dec 16, 2020

2. Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

Hello, as soon as i start my pc it shows the first screen that shows the F keys for boot menu, but then goes straight to an endless black screen with a white flashing underscore at the top left. It won't let me boot in safe mode although it does restart
    when i push ctrl + alt + delete and i can open the boot menu by pushing F11, but I even tried all the settings in boot menu to no avail, it is windows 10. Will reinstalling the OS fix this? Or is there something easier i can do to fix it? Here is a pic of
    the screen and the PC's info. Btw this is a compaq presario desktop computer. Please help I've been awake all night trying to fix this.
    black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner [​IMG]

black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner e7b1aa6c-a54c-4597-93c6-2c1ba9ae9960?upload=true.png

SouthernBoy1, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Black Screen of Death?

I recieved the 'black screen of death' on my Windows 10 PC, about a week ago. I've tried everything to fix it, and unfortunately, nothing has helped. It is a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner.

Sarah Doherty, Dec 16, 2020
  4. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

my computer only shows black screen with white line on left corner

my computer only shows black screen with white line on left corner

KyawSoe Han, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

1. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner - Similar Threads - black screen white

2. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  3. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  4. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen going black with hdmi in top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black with hdmi in top left corner: So I’ve had this problem recently where my computer will black screen there is no mouse but it has hdmi in the top left corner as if the hdmi cable is not in but it is. It only goes away when I manually restart my pc. This only seems to happen on Xbox games / from the...
  6. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop.sometime all my apps on my desktop dissapear so i click on the square...
  7. Rectangular white box on top left corner of screen.

Rectangular white box on top left corner of screen.: So, I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and it was all working fine for a few weeks[IMG]but one day i saw this little white box on the top left corner of my screen. Clicking on it does nothing, if I right click on it it just shows me the default right click on desktop menu....
  8. Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless Black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left corner at startip: Hello, as soon as i start my pc it shows the first screen that shows the F keys for boot menu, but then goes straight to an endless black screen with a white flashing underscore at the top left. It won't let me boot in safe mode although it does restart when i push ctrl + alt...
  9. Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner: Hi everyone, I was updating my computer, when my power went out unexpectedly. With that in mind, I decided to just leave my computer alone for the night. The next day, I started my pc and was greeted to the ever so lovely black screen with a blinking cursor. All I see is the...
  10. Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left: Guys please help my laptop was fine yesterday until one day when I opened my laptop it loads then suddenly its just black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left of the screen. Not sure if this is a hardware issue considering my laptop is brand new and only got...