Windows 10: Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update

Discus and support Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I just updated my dell vostro to windows 10 it seeming to be an easy update even for someone who doesn't know much about computers. It all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nota, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Nota Win User

Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update

Hi all,

I just updated my dell vostro to windows 10 it seeming to be an easy update even for someone who doesn't know much about computers. It all started well but once finished it stopped working. I did see the windows ten logo and loading image shown when computer is started. Then it disappeared and the screen went black but not pitch black like it's turned off, there's background light behind the screen.

It is completely on since I heard the typical starting song/ noise and the fans make a noise from time to time and all the appropriate lights are burning incl. caps. I've tried playing with the switch-screen button without result and when I did it the last time it's completely black instead and I can't change it back.
    What can I do now?

:)

Nota, Sep 4, 2015

2. window 10 enterprise problem

After i installed window 10 enterprise it showed desktop, after 1 minutes it showed a blank black screen with the cursor only, and whenever i try to start my pc it shows a black blank screen with only cursor without showing the desktop,help me rally important.

shashiRajT, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    black screen without cursor after update windows 10 to build 1711

Hi Jonathan,

Black screen errors may be due to software conflicts that have occurred when you updated Windows. There are certain steps that you can do to troubleshoot this issue. Kindly follow the steps provided on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update

1. Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update - Similar Threads - Black screen without

2. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update: My laptop has 2 OS's of Windows 10. The second OS got the WCU earlier this week without incident. The first OS WCU conflicted with Avast Cleanup Premium after spending so many hours downloading and installing & reinstalling the latest WCU automatically. The machine crashed...
  3. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  4. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  5. Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor: I got a blue screen while playing a game. I don't know why, but I panicked & turned it off by holding down the power button. I think this may have broken it Now all i get is a black screen and the sound of the fans, when i try to turn it on. [IMG]...
  6. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...
  7. Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation: I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's screen was black but the lights on the laptop blinked so as to show that it had just restarted. So I waited for it to start,...
  8. Window 10 black screen without cursor after login

Window 10 black screen without cursor after login: So i tried updating my computer from windows 8 to 10 and last night and it froze at 75% and configuration settings 1%, i let it sit there all night but it still was at 75%. I had read that people where having the same problem and that itll revert to windows 8.1 after you...
  9. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10: I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be a common issue. When I typed in my password, I heard Skype open, so I know it is there, just not on my screen. I do not have...
  10. Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: After upgrading my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I have also been plagued with the black screen of death. After the BIOS screen it goes black and I do not even get a mouse cursor and I've also let it run for about 30 minutes just in case and nothing. I've tried a lot of the...