Windows 10: Black screen

Discus and support Black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having a strange problem with my computer, when surfing the web or I have a number of folders open on my desktop my monitor will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IAHawk, Sep 5, 2016.

1. IAHawk Win User

Black screen

Hi,

I have been having a strange problem with my computer, when surfing the web or I have a number of folders open on my desktop my monitor will flash black and all the open folders will now be closed. If I am playing a game I have never experienced this problem. I notice most when I have a lot of open folders.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

:)

IAHawk, Sep 5, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Black Screen

The screen with the Date and Time is the lock screen. Do you click on it and then get the Log on screen?

How long is the black screen?

Is there a HP logo screen before the black screen or is the black scree the only thing before the Lock screen?

lacrumb, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Black Screen

The black screen remain for 20-30sec .

black screen is only seen before the lock but sometime before the hp logo also black screen is seen

Soumendra Mahapatra, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Black screen

1. Black screen - Similar Threads - Black screen

2. Black Screen of Death after restoring to Previous Version 1809>1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen of Death after restoring to Previous Version 1809>1803: I made the stupid mistake of believing Microsoft when they said they fixed the 1809 issues and now I'm in the situation I'm in now. Upgrading to 1089 resulted in a machine that would BSOD 3/4 of the time during boot so I decided to go back to the previous version after...
  3. Windows 10 - Right click makes screen flash black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Right click makes screen flash black: Whenever I use right click on a desktop icon or item in the explorer the screen flashes black, doesn't open the menu and there is a heavy spike in CPU usage. The weird part is that it doesn't do this with all items. For example, right clicking on the desktop works just fine....
  4. Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing a new GPU -- please help!: Hi all. I tried installing my new GPU today (GTX 1660 Ti), but when I boot up the PC I only get a black screen once I get past the motherboard boot-up screen. (Also, this particular screen seems to remain onscreen much longer than it did with my previous card. It was almost...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen

Windows 10 stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" black screen: I have searched and found another topic about this here, but the answer given by Microsoft did not help me. I cannot boot my computer to desktop. Whenever I try to restart it (which I have to do manually with the power button), the farthest I get is the HP logo on a black...
  6. Black screen with Blue Circling Spot

Black screen with Blue Circling Spot: Can Anyone help me with this dilemma, I can't install to the latest update every time I do I get a black screen with a circling blue spot. I've had to restore my computer 5 times because of it. The Second time I restored my computer I Installed the update I let it sit there...
  7. SSD wont boot into OS & PC Boots to black screen with a single character (The Letter b)

SSD wont boot into OS & PC Boots to black screen with a single character (The Letter b): So I have Two Issues here Issue 1 My friend has been having issues with his boot drive (a SanDisk 120GB SSD) and has spent the better part of 4 days trying to get it to boot into windows, even using a windows 10 boot USB I had created, this didn't work and doesn't want to...
  8. Black command screen.

Black command screen.: Black command box periodically flashes on my screen. Can anyone help to solve this problem. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-command-screen/51cd14f1-8d48-4e8b-a13b-deef6cebc7bb
  9. Black screen after system restore

Black screen after system restore: Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo,...
  10. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update: Hi all. My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the update had failed and left the laptop with a black screen. The removal notice said not to turn off the computer but it's been...