Windows 10: Black screen

Discus and support Black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having a strange problem with my computer, when surfing the web or I have a number of folders open on my desktop my monitor will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IAHawk, Sep 5, 2016.

1. IAHawk Win User

Black screen

Hi,

I have been having a strange problem with my computer, when surfing the web or I have a number of folders open on my desktop my monitor will flash black and all the open folders will now be closed. If I am playing a game I have never experienced this problem. I notice most when I have a lot of open folders.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

:)

IAHawk, Sep 5, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Black Screen

The screen with the Date and Time is the lock screen. Do you click on it and then get the Log on screen?

How long is the black screen?

Is there a HP logo screen before the black screen or is the black scree the only thing before the Lock screen?

lacrumb, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Black Screen

The black screen remain for 20-30sec .

black screen is only seen before the lock but sometime before the hp logo also black screen is seen

Soumendra Mahapatra, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Black screen

1. Black screen - Similar Threads - Black screen

2. Screen going black after not using it for a while

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen going black after not using it for a while: This started today and I don't know why it is happening I tried to do a virus scan to see if it would help but it I didn't. I looked to see if I had some kind of screensaver or some power saving feature on but I didn't. I Think the best information I can give is from the...
  3. Laptop won't shut down and black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't shut down and black screen: Hello, My Acer Aspire One 722 will not power off and I have a black screen. I have held down the power key, unplugged from outlet, and still it will not power off. Last night I put it on "sleep" mode. I never had a problem before. Windows 10 did an install yesterday....
  4. Black Screen of death:/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen of death:/: I log in to a black screen with only my cursor, ctrl + alt + del doesn’t work, win + r doesn’t work either. I have gone into diagnostics and uninstalled the latest update to see if that was the problem but still no luck:/ I’m guessing it’s just a problem with my graphics...
  5. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor: Dear team I have installed the latest version of windows 10 pro in my laptop it's an clean installation but after the installation i tried to make partition in the disk and successfully created one and when i was trying to do the other it was not responding and got shutdown...
  6. Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue: Good day, Im not sure if this can be considered a BSOD issue, but hear me out. Im using Win10 Ver 1809 ive been experiencing this quite often these days. My screen freezes turns to black screen then back to normal. Its weird coz I play a lot of games but this happens...
  7. always black screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    always black screen.: i can not pass a black screen or any usb driver to update or access to my computer. Lenovo edge 2 with window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-black-screen/22195e22-0fbf-4437-b692-f4410496b107
  8. how do I switch screens from whit text on black, to black text on whte?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I switch screens from whit text on black, to black text on whte?: how do I switch screens from whit text on black, to black text on white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-screens-from-whit-text-on-black-to/b8e83a0b-ae0a-4b3d-bb14-2ecb0db3d950
  9. Booting from USB, been like this for 2 hours. Inspiron 1545 (gave black screen after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting from USB, been like this for 2 hours. Inspiron 1545 (gave black screen after...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/keirawynn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvsz3x/booting_from_usb_been_like_this_for_2_hours/
  10. Video Editor Windows 10 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Editor Windows 10 black screen: This didn't used to happen, but now when I put a video into the storyboard for the video editor the screen is just black. The video plays fine just in Photos, but the minute I put it in storyboard to edit a project, black screen. Very frustrating. If someone could assist,...