Windows 10: Black Screen

Discus and support Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alex_GRE Win User

Black Screen

When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen and nothing is happening. Do anyone know the solution for that? Thank you!

:)

Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black Screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen

1. Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. My PC is black screen for 10 mins every time i boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is black screen for 10 mins every time i boot: last week i reset my pc to the factory settings and now every time i open my pc its black screen for 10 minutes or so. after 10 minutes keyboard and mouse's lights go off and on again and then it opens....
  3. Black screen and freezes?

Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen

Windows 10 Black Screen: Just yesterday my computer Black Screened. Im able to see the sign in screen but once I get passed that all I can see is a black screen and my mouse cursor. all i've been able to do is open task manager and use it to open the "run new task" menu. After that if I type anything...
  5. Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any controller I plug in makes the screen go black: Just a week ago I was able to play games both with the keyboard and mouse and Xbox one or ps4 controllers. But recently whenever I plug in either of those controllers the screen goes black except for the mouse cursor. This happens even on the desktop before a game is booted...
  6. The 'Famous' Black Screen

The 'Famous' Black Screen: So, for some reason my desktop is going to black. a. It is custom-built. b. It boots, starts up Windows 10, sometimes brings up the log-in screen and then a second later it turns to black. Sometimes there is no log-in screen; just black. I have tried the following: 1....
  7. Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with flashing blue wheel, even in safe mode

Windows 10 won't boot, black screen with flashing blue wheel, even in safe mode: I'm having a baffling issue in which windows 10 fails to boot. It occurred randomly one day after no intentional changes. I believe it is related to a windows update. Following the normal motherboard booting screen, screens were alternating at about 1 second intervals,...
  8. Black screen on login, have to run explorer.exe manually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on login, have to run explorer.exe manually: Hi, Had this issue for two days now; when I login after boot (with a Microsoft account), I get a black screen with just the Command Prompt. I have to run explorer.exe from there to get my desktop back. Once I've done so, machine runs issue-free as normal. Any idea why...
  9. Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.

Black screen with mouse cursor issue, but different from other occurrences on the web.: Hey guys, I need some help, my computer is a Pavillion m7-1015dx Entertainment PC running Windows 10. I see the windows logo with a loading symbol below it, then I see the welcome screen logging me in. Then I see a black screen, if I use the mouse I see the cursor but I can't...
  10. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....