Windows 10: Black Screen

Discus and support Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alex_GRE Win User

Black Screen

When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen and nothing is happening. Do anyone know the solution for that? Thank you!

:)

Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black Screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen

1. Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. Screen goes black seconds into streaming video from ANY service (TV on demand, Youtube,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black seconds into streaming video from ANY service (TV on demand, Youtube,...: Every time i watch a video now from any streaming service, the screen goes black. This happens whether it is full screen or not. It is fine until the time/play bar at the bottom of the video disappears. Once that goes away, which is usually a few seconds into viewing, the...
  3. Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL not booting w/ black screen after Windows update

Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL not booting w/ black screen after Windows update: When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on to signify it's on, but I have a completely black screen and it stays blank. Whenever I press F2 or F8 it doesn't go into BIOS, it doesn't work...
  4. Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?: While this problem might have been resolved a while ago, I'm still not too sure if what I did truly fixed the problem. Here's what happened chronologically: Around three days ago (18th February), my Asus laptop was working fine without any unusual behavior. I did recall...
  5. my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update

my screen blacks out when playing a video after last update: after the latest update my screen goes black whenever i try to play a video (youtube, amazon prime, netflix, etc). my screensaver is set to 5 minutes, but the moment where the full screen/volume/settings icons on the video fade away the entire screen goes black. the screen...
  6. Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update

Screen flashing black while playing videos directly after latest windows update: So I updated windows yesterday, took a while so I guess it hadn't updated in a while. Directly after, my monitor is randomly flashing black or turning completely black whenever I'm trying to watch any kind of videos on any website ( netflix, youtube, dailymotion, facebook.....
  7. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...
  8. Black screen of death and dispair

Black screen of death and dispair: Hi fellow members, I am a local idiot with an issue with my PC. It started a few years ago when my computer started freezing (black screen with the console turning off completely and monitor saying it's going in power save mode) That issue came along with disk usage...
  9. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  10. Windows Update February 2019. Black screen with white ring

Windows Update February 2019. Black screen with white ring: This is a business and I have multiple computers down. I have uninstalled updates, which then get reinstalled. I have uninstalled drivers, which does not help. The issue seems to be spreading and I am the only person here responsible for fixing them. Please help....