Windows 10: Black Screen

Discus and support Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alex_GRE Win User

Black Screen

When i boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and under that it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but after 10 seconds there is only a black screen and nothing is happening. Do anyone know the solution for that? Thank you!

:)

Alex_GRE, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Dhavelyn Mer Win User

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black Screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen

1. Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. Surface pro 2 wont respond black screen after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface pro 2 wont respond black screen after windows 10 upgrade: I bought a surface pro2 on ebay and it worked ok the screen had a green tint to it but it was fine. I took it somewhere to upgrade it to windows 10 and now it wont turn on at all. the keyboard lights up when i press the power button and you can hear it and feel it warm up and...
  3. Age of Empire DE Black Screen and close automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empire DE Black Screen and close automatically: Hello, I've got a problems with my games. When i launch AoE : DE the game launch the blackscreen for launch the game and Nothing… After 20 seconds the games closes and I'll be back to my desktop. I've made the exclusion on the Windows Defenders, all my nvidia was updated,...
  4. HP Z1 All in One Workstation black screen after Win 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Z1 All in One Workstation black screen after Win 10 updates.: HP Z1 All in One Workstation black screen after Win 10 updates. Can connect to external monitor, but the Z1 monitor doesn't work after HP splash screen. All latest drivers. Display setting says the external monitor is 1/2. It can only identify the external monitor....
  5. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  6. Windows black screen after installing

Windows black screen after installing: I installed windows 10 x64 and after loading the desktop, the screen blacked out. I can only boot through safe mode and I've looked throght many forums but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  7. AMD HD 7400m black screen after install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD HD 7400m black screen after install: Hello! I have come here out of desperation. So i took out my old laptop HP Probook, 4431s, Base Model, i5 2450m, 8gb ram, intel hd 3000 & amd radeon hd 7400m. I upadated to windows 10 from 7, was working fine until my laptop updated windows 10, then all the issues started....
  8. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  9. Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues

Surface Pro 4 Black Borders on the side/Smaller Screen Issues: Hello everyone I have a surface pro 4 and I have the black side border issue. I have tried what I could including settings, deleting and reinstalling hardware and updating it and windows update. Other tips I found on sites suggest tweaking the registry. However, it seems to...
  10. Black screen with mouse and loading symbol

Black screen with mouse and loading symbol: My computer was acting up so I restarted it. After initial start-up the screen comes up black with the mouse cursor and the loading symbol blinking. I've tried going into safe mode, but it keeps bringing me back to the black screen. I tried to go back to a previous update and...