Windows 10: black screen

Discus and support black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have this Windows 10 laptop, which is running slow but without errors. Occasionally, the screen would just turn black, without any indication... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. black screen

So I have this Windows 10 laptop, which is running slow but without errors.

Occasionally, the screen would just turn black, without any indication before that.
    I see the power light still on, but nothing happens when you click on shutdown/restart buttons.

Wait some minutes, press those same buttons, and Windows restarts.
    Normal startup ...

I thought the GPU was failing, but it can be anything.

What is the first thing to check here, Windows Events ? Then what ?

:)

MMMonzaSoxedo, Aug 31, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

black screen

1. black screen - Similar Threads - black screen

2. Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in: Hello, A week ago my computer has been booting it oddly after the most recent MS Windows update. Typically when I log into my computer it takes just a few moments before displaying the desktop and I am ready to go. Now after I log in, it displays the login circle for...
  3. Black screen and mouse moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and mouse moving: A few days ago I got a black screen on a browser game in chrome. Thought it was just the gamr but ut has happened probably 20 times just using chrome. Again only in chrome this happens. Now today while on youtube in chrome my mouse kept moving to the top left corner on its...
  4. Booting to black screen after BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, no diagnostic or repair tools...

Booting to black screen after BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, no diagnostic or repair tools...: Hello, I was booting up my laptop a couple days ago when the blue screen of death popped up and said: CRTICIAL_PROCESS_DIED. This isn't the first time I've gotten this, but other times I was able to just restart without a problem. This time, however, it rebooted to a black...
  5. Black screen during windows install

Black screen during windows install: I have upgraded my pc last night and tried installing windows 3 tines but each time half way through the install, the screen turns black (not off). Any ideas? submitted by /u/ltbutler6 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?

Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?: A couple days ago I started getting black screen flickers that wouldn't stop until I restarted my pc and would come back a couple hours later causing me to have to restart the pc again to fix it and having to continue that process. I thought it was my graphics drivers at...
  7. LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen: Hi, I am trying to fix a problem for a neighbour. Not sure if it has any relevance, but he has a sight issue, so says he tends to magnify a lot Older Sony Vaio PCG-P1211M if that helps any. Originally it shipped with Windows 7, but he upped to Windows 10 last year. He...
  8. Epic games Launcher, Discord and Steam keeps on black screening

Epic games Launcher, Discord and Steam keeps on black screening: I have had this problem since the start but it works after deleting local app data but its irritating to keep on deleting local app data evertime I open my pc Any advice for permanent solutions? submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Ad8765 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 screen turned black

Windows 10 screen turned black: Hi, I was just doing normal things browsing the net etc when my screen turned black but I could still see my cursor. Then the screen turned back to normal after 2 minutes, but the some of the applications that I pinned to the taskbar disappeared and they don't reappear after...
  10. HP Elitebook 2570p webcam black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Elitebook 2570p webcam black screen: Hi All, We have a lot of laptop HP Elitebook 2570p have an issue when we installed Windows 10 on it. The webcam has a black screen. I tried to download the latest version of the webcam driver still not solved. It worked when I disconnect the internet, uninstall the...