Windows 10: black screen

Discus and support black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having an issue for a long time now and i needed to create another post because i wasnt getting any more support from the last one. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Birch_JB, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Birch_JB Win User

black screen

I have been having an issue for a long time now and i needed to create another post because i wasnt getting any more support from the last one.

What happens is whilst i am using my computer the screen will randomly go black and i cant use the keyboard or mouse and i am forced to trun of pc when it goes to black screen.

So far i have tried:

• Using a different monitor
    • Using DDU to uninstall and reinstall my gpu drivers
    • made sure windows and any drivers are up to date
    • Using command prompt with DISM and Sfc scannow
    • Memory checks
    • SSD health checks

I am starting to get to the stage where i dont know what i can do to fix my issue.

:)

Birch_JB, Feb 23, 2021

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

black screen

1. black screen - Similar Threads - black screen

2. Black Screen and drastic increase in fan speed randomly during game

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and drastic increase in fan speed randomly during game: Hi everyone, I recently have had issues with a consistent black screen during a gaming session that is always accompanied by a drastic increase in my fan speeds. My monitor will instantly say, "No Signal", and I can only turn off computer manually. I have the following specs:...
  3. When I boot up my computer my screen goes black and when I click enter then it puts me into...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I boot up my computer my screen goes black and when I click enter then it puts me into...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxyl3s/when_i_boot_up_my_computer_my_screen_goes_black/
  4. Black screen with horizontal dotted lines windows 10 usb not booting up!

Black screen with horizontal dotted lines windows 10 usb not booting up!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yosr_Khamlichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxu7lm/black_screen_with_horizontal_dotted_lines_windows/
  5. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after bios update: On my lenovo ideapad 520 laptop, i received a request notification for BIOS update.. Before starting update, as mentioned there, I stopped all othe applications and hit start update. The laptop then went for restarting and after restart opened a bios mode. There I received...
  6. Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...

Whenever I boot up or restart my PC I get this black screen with my curser then I have to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxsbc9/whenever_i_boot_up_or_restart_my_pc_i_get_this/
  7. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on startup: I am using canvas laptab LT777 with intel atom processor Z series inbuilt windows 10 operating system. I am facing black screen on startup nothing will go on to the screen. no bios screen showing startup shows only black screen . help me to solve this as soon as possible....
  8. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...
  9. PC Freezing and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and black screen: So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school, so basically anytime i launch a game, and also sometimes when i just start my computer, the screen freezes. After waiting like 20 seconds the screen goes...
  10. Random black screen on startup, no mouse/keyboard/monitor response...

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen on startup, no mouse/keyboard/monitor response...: Hi there! I have a custom build PC running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804). The parts are listed in the table below this. I built this PC in April 2020 and have had zero issues until recently. Since the last big update (maybe February 5th?) I've encountered...