Windows 10: black screen

Discus and support black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having an issue for a long time now and i needed to create another post because i wasnt getting any more support from the last one. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Birch_JB, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:12 AM.

1. Birch_JB Win User

black screen

I have been having an issue for a long time now and i needed to create another post because i wasnt getting any more support from the last one.

What happens is whilst i am using my computer the screen will randomly go black and i cant use the keyboard or mouse and i am forced to trun of pc when it goes to black screen.

So far i have tried:

• Using a different monitor
    • Using DDU to uninstall and reinstall my gpu drivers
    • made sure windows and any drivers are up to date
    • Using command prompt with DISM and Sfc scannow
    • Memory checks
    • SSD health checks

I am starting to get to the stage where i dont know what i can do to fix my issue.

:)

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:15 AM
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Thema:

black screen

1. black screen - Similar Threads - black screen

2. Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10: So since I bought my pc a year ago I encounter some weird issue: My PC crashes with a blackscreen of Death, sometimes I hear Audio until I press the power button for one second Like I wanted to normally shut down the system and it seems to shut down. It most likely happens in...
  3. PC Crashing to Black Screen

PC Crashing to Black Screen: Hello, I have been having issues with my pc crashing for a few months now. The crashes steadily got worse over time. The crash involves my pc freezing for 2 - 3 seconds and then the monitor going black but the pc doesnt restart itself it will stay on until i shut it off. My...
  4. Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does a brief black screen with spinning white dots appear after a restart?: Is this normal? It never did this before yesterday. It only started happening after the new GeForce update. Is it problematic, or do I leave it? Video: https://vimeo.com/517966391...
  5. Randomly black screen "no signal" after windows 10 logo

Randomly black screen "no signal" after windows 10 logo: When I boot my PC, it shows the bios menu, then starts up windows 10, shows the windows logo with the loading circle, and then, when it would normally say put the password in and login, my monitor shows "No Signal" message, and I can still login and i can hear things...
  6. windows laptop shows starting automatic repair for one second and shows only black screen....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows laptop shows starting automatic repair for one second and shows only black screen....: hi i am Mathews Joby and i recently tried disk cleanup on my laptop and accidently the power went off and it powered off. and since then, it won't turn on. i click on the power button and it shows the Samsung logo and tells starting automatic repair for 1 or 3 seconds and...
  7. Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...

Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...: Whenever I switch on my laptop after shutting it down then after booting up or after the HP logo I get a black screen for at least 5 to 7 minutes and then only my lock screen appears or the sign-in screen appears This thing happens whenever I restart my laptop or when I...
  8. Draw function in powerpoint causes screen to go black and freeze. Started 2 days ago. why?

Draw function in powerpoint causes screen to go black and freeze. Started 2 days ago. why?: About two days ago I did a big windows update. Since then when I use powerpoint draw function my screen will start to flicker and if I continue it will go entirely black and freeze. The only recovery from this point is to power off and power back on. Anything I was working...
  9. Laptop screen black/not illuminated after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop screen black/not illuminated after windows update: My laptop automatically updated overnight and when trying to use it the screen will no longer illuminated i.e. it is not only completely black, but isn't lit at all. The laptop is functioning as normal otherwise and I am able to use an external monitor to view the screen....
  10. Black screen after boot on windows 10

Black screen after boot on windows 10: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...