Windows 10: Black Screens While Gaming

Discus and support Black Screens While Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’ve been noticing whenever I game on pc both of my monitors will go black for about 2 seconds, it brings me to the desktop and my discord will turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {AlexR}, May 4, 2021.

1. {AlexR} Win User

Black Screens While Gaming

I’ve been noticing whenever I game on pc both of my monitors will go black for about 2 seconds, it brings me to the desktop and my discord will turn completely black. I can still hear friends talking in discord app but I just can’t see anything. This has been happening more and more now. Any ideas why this may be happening?Note: I started noticing this issue after updating Windows 10 a couple months back.Specs:Ryzen 9 3900xrtx 2080 supermsi x470 gaming plus32gb ram 1-1080p 144hz monitormain monitor1-4k 60hz monitorvertical monitorOS: Just put in a windows 10 pro key a couple months ag

:)

{AlexR}, May 4, 2021

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 4, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screens While Gaming - Similar Threads - Black Screens While

2. Black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  3. Black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  4. Black Screen Crash while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Crash while gaming: I was playing a game on my computer until my computer Monitor Went black and then I was forced to shut off my computer. This is the error code I recieved:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffda8348613010, 0xfffff8062e650c20,...
  5. Black Screen Crash while gaming

Black Screen Crash while gaming: I was playing a game on my computer until my computer Monitor Went black and then I was forced to shut off my computer. This is the error code I recieved:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffda8348613010, 0xfffff8062e650c20,...
  6. Black screen and rebooting while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and rebooting while gaming: Here is a basic timeline and computer info.Ryzen 5600X Prime B550M Plus GSkill 2133 32GB X750W Seasonic PSU 3060 TI Galax Samsung m2.NVMEAll running at StockTimeline1st Patch when rebooting happenedPC started rebooting without warning only while playing gamesVaries from 2min...
  7. Black screen and rebooting while gaming

Black screen and rebooting while gaming: Here is a basic timeline and computer info.Ryzen 5600X Prime B550M Plus GSkill 2133 32GB X750W Seasonic PSU 3060 TI Galax Samsung m2.NVMEAll running at StockTimeline1st Patch when rebooting happenedPC started rebooting without warning only while playing gamesVaries from 2min...
  8. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  9. Black screen while playing games

Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  10. Black Screen While Playing A Game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen While Playing A Game.: Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there is still playing the...