Windows 10: Black Screensaver gone & 2 sign-ons when should be none

Discus and support Black Screensaver gone & 2 sign-ons when should be none in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lenovo Ideapad P400 touch. Hard drive was failing, new one installed. Was originally Windows 8, upgraded to 10 last year, & 10 was installed when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMStefani, May 31, 2016.

1. DMStefani Win User

Black Screensaver gone & 2 sign-ons when should be none

Lenovo Ideapad P400 touch.

Hard drive was failing, new one installed.
    Was originally Windows 8, upgraded to 10 last year, & 10 was installed when I get it back.
    I always use the black screensaver as I leave the computer on all night in my room.
    The only one now available is blank, which I don't like because the screen is to bright.
    Would like to get the black one back.

When I got it back, I again set it to sign in automatically, & somehow, 2 different sign ins are showing up on the log-in screen shown in the attachment.
    It first says the password is wrong.
    When I click on the other sign-in, it takes the pin that I set up.
    I tried disabling the pin, but it then asks for my password.

I can't figure out how to fix either one of the above.

:)

DMStefani, May 31, 2016
  2. andy3196 Win User

Nokia N8 PR1.1 weird colour screensaver issue.

Yes, the animated screensaver has gone.

The breathing light now only works (correctly IMHO) when the "None" option is chosen in screensaver settings.

andy3196, May 31, 2016
  3. Unicat Win User
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup

I get the black screen before sign-in, so I tried the instructions for that & it did not work. I have 2 display adapters listed, AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series & Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. Both have updated drivers, in fact as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10,
    it updated my AMD Radeon driver. So I tried to revert back to the old driver to see if that worked, but it did not, the startup time was about the same plus my brightness would not work anymore, so I reinstalled the new driver. I then tried to disable the
    Intel Graphics one & restarted laptop. It started much faster, it only took about 2 minutes to startup instead of 10 minutes. But disabling that messed with the AMD Radeon one, the graphics were terrible, blurred & huge icons, so I went back on the device
    manager & seen that the AMD Radeon one was not running either. So I re-enabled the Intel one then restarted laptop, then tried disabling the AMD Radeon one this time, but the same thing happened. Startup went faster, like around 2 minutes, but the same terrible,
    blurred & huge icons were back. I went back on device manager & sure enough Intel graphics was not running. So the way it looks is each of my display adapters needs the other one to run, they can not run by themselves for some reason.

So basically the instructions on that page did not help at all. I am still stuck with the black screen for several minutes after the blue window screen, but before the welcome/sign-in screen. Plus it still has the black screen when opening the laptop back
    up, it takes a few minutes to come out of sleep. So I don't just get the black screen on startup, I get it on wake-up also.

Plus I noticed that Windows 10 freezes whenever my screensaver comes on, no matter which screensaver I choose. My screensaver works when previewing it, but when it loads on its own after the set number of minutes, it freezes my laptop for several minutes.
    When I have it on the bubbles screensaver it comes on with a black background instead of the see-thru one that it is supposed to have & then it freezes.

Unicat, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Black Screensaver gone & 2 sign-ons when should be none

1. Black Screensaver gone & 2 sign-ons when should be none - Similar Threads - Black Screensaver gone

2. Screensaver gone missing, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Screensaver gone missing, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...
  4. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Every few days, I notice my screensaver doesn't come on. I'll go into the settings, and see that it's set to NONE. Why is this ? I never had this problem with Windows 7. I really don't want to mess around with the registry, as if I end up bricking my computer, my main source...
  5. Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None

Screensaver Keeps Getting Set To None: Does anyone know why this is happening ? Ever so often, I'll notice that a screensaver doesn't turn on. I'll go into the settings and it says that it's set to no screensaver. I put one back on, but a week or so later, it's turned off again....
  6. Screensaver keeps randomly resetting to (None)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver keeps randomly resetting to (None): For a while now I’ve been dealing with a VERY irritating problem on my Windows 10 laptop. My screensaver keeps randomly getting disabled (I.e. reset to (None)) for no reason at all. There really isn’t a set time frame for this to occur, I only find out about it every few...
  7. Account problem sign on when there is none

Account problem sign on when there is none: Windows 10 keeps giving me a notification says there is a Microsoft account problem. It says I need to fix it. I do not have a problem. I click that and go to settings and it says "all accounts are working correctly". I signed on automatically with my account to this...
  8. Phantom Sign Ons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom Sign Ons: I have 4 accounts set up on my laptop. One of those accounts I have set up to use fingerprint identification to sign on. Every morning I switch the laptop on and boot it up. I use my fingerprint to sign on to my account. Once signed in I click on the Windows flag on the...
  9. black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen when turning on 2 Toshiba Laptops no sign in page: I have a Toshiba 2016 C70 series and all of a sudden when I turn it on it wont take me to the sign in page . Been rebooting it 12 times so far and still no sign in page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Now my other Toshiba did the same thing. No sign in screen just...
  10. Sign-in after screensaver:

Sign-in after screensaver:: Every time my screensaver starts, even if the comp has only been idle for a minute, or I've looked away briefly, I don't really want to extend the 'screensaver-on' time, I just want to resume my session without having to sign-in every time. I am using Windows 10. I've used...